Asda contracts for seasonal colleagues?? Watch

donb2477
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, Following my Asda Magic event I received a call offering me a seasonal job with an 8 hour contract which I accepted. However I have received my offer of employment in the post this morning which I am to sign and return to the store. No where on the contract states Seasonal colleage and all details re: 12 week probation period etc... seem to refer to a permanant role? Are there any other seasonal colleagues that could confirm whether this may possibly be a permanant contract rather than a seasonal one?? Or do all colleagues receive the same standard contract whether permenant or seasonal?? Many Thanks
Alarae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would hazard a guess at it being a standard contract. It is most likely there is a clause about a three month probation period (12 weeks) which is probably when they will get rid of you.
bngbng
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by donb2477)
Hi, Following my Asda Magic event I received a call offering me a seasonal job with an 8 hour contract which I accepted. However I have received my offer of employment in the post this morning which I am to sign and return to the store. No where on the contract states Seasonal colleage and all details re: 12 week probation period etc... seem to refer to a permanant role? Are there any other seasonal colleagues that could confirm whether this may possibly be a permanant contract rather than a seasonal one?? Or do all colleagues receive the same standard contract whether permenant or seasonal?? Many Thanks
Standard contract i think, but just call Asda and ask to be 100% sure. I used to work on Asda for 1 year on a petrol with Asda while i was studying english, at that time Walmart was not part of Asda, so things was a bit different and almost everybody i know got a permanent jobs after the seasonal one on Asda.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%