When to full lock out of a parking space/bay Watch

ineedtorevise127
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

I passed recently, one thing which I struggle with is parking especially bay parking reversing out of the bay

When you reverse out of the bay when do you full lock what is the reference point you use?

Thanks
Jimmy Carr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just reverse straight until you've got enough clearance to swing the front of the car out, then steer that bish.
~Tara~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not before your windscreen is clear of their bumper. After that largely depends on the cars and the space available
Advisor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Now you know why your instructor taught you to reverse into a bay and drive out...
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Carr)
Just reverse straight until you've got enough clearance to swing the front of the car out, then steer that bish.
basically, what you have to remember is that the dynamics are a little different when reversing due to the steering from the rear aspect ofrevesing and how it effects when you turn ...
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The best tip for bay parking is to always reverse in unless you are at a supermarket or garden centre and will be emerging from the shop with a trolley full of goods that need to be loaded into the boot. And, even there, reverse in if the aisles are narrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed