Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello folks,

I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues uploading supporting evidence/documents for CT applications via Oriel??

I can upload documents through the dashboard but on the actual application my 'evidence of selection criteria' (THE MOST IMPORTANT PAGE) and 'supporting' pages don't to have any interface, just a blank page?!

Tried it on chrome, firefox and safari. Same issue.

Anyone had a similar issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Hello folks,

I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues uploading supporting evidence/documents for CT applications via Oriel??

I can upload documents through the dashboard but on the actual application my 'evidence of selection criteria' (THE MOST IMPORTANT PAGE) and 'supporting' pages don't to have any interface, just a blank page?!

I thought the only evidence that was needed at this stage was the FACD thing? Not tried to upload anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I thought the only evidence that was needed at this stage was the FACD thing? Not tried to upload anything yet.
    You might well be right.

I was under the impression that the 'evidence of selection criteria' page was where we linked documents that cover research, teaching, interest in specialty etc.

I'm not sure how they can long list without some kind of information about us....so confused....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You might well be right.

I was under the impression that the 'evidence of selection criteria' page was where we linked documents that cover research, teaching, interest in specialty etc.

I'm not sure how they can long list without some kind of information about us....so confused....
    O&G has the exact same "problem" but it states the page was deliberately left blank. I just presumed that they don't assess that at this stage, which means presumably you're almost guaranteed an interview!?

Long listing isn't designed to cut numbers the same way as short listing I guess?

ReputationRep:
    You might well be right.

No, they long list based on basic eligibility i.e. right to work, GMC number, having achieved foundation competencies. All the stuff you're talking about is the portfolio station at interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hello folks,

A year later, same issue on Oriel when doing Core Surgical training application. Were there no questions on extra activities like degrees/publications/presentations/white space answers etc last year either? Please can someone advise if this is what happened last year? If so, do they check all those other things during interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRSZ)
    A year later, same issue on Oriel when doing Core Surgical training application. Were there no questions on extra activities like degrees/publications/presentations/white space answers etc last year either? Please can someone advise if this is what happened last year? If so, do they check all those other things during interview?
    Have you tried reading the rest of the thread? The answer to your question is literally the last post above yours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRSZ)
    White box in surgery are only in ACF applications which have now closed. CST is a guaranteed interview scheme so no evidence required until portfolio station of interview (this is in the handbook). They're just checking basic eligibility with the application form. London and South East did send an email round a few days ago regarding this and explaining why the evidence page was blank.

ReputationRep:
    This is all reassuring to know. I had a moment of 'worry' when I thought I had screwed up my application but a few days ago it became apparent to me that there are no white box answers at this stage and the vast majority of people will get interviewed!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all - I'm trying to apply for core surgical training applications this year via Oriel. It seems very basic - it doesn't ask for evidence such as teaching/audit, etc.? How do they shortlist candidates

Edited: I've just read the above...

So they interview thousands of candidates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona0492)

Yes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fiona0492)
    Hi all - I'm trying to apply for core surgical training applications this year via Oriel. It seems very basic - it doesn't ask for evidence such as teaching/audit, etc.? How do they shortlist candidates

Edited: I've just read the above...

Look here: https://specialtytraining.hee.nhs.uk...2017%20ST1.pdf

2017 CST CT1 = 1608 application received. 629 posts. One can assume that the majority would have got an interview.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.