ameliashimells
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
First time using this so don't know if I'm using it correctly but here goes...

I'm applying for BA Primary Education and have received 4 interview offers, first
being this coming Wednesday. Does anybody have any advice for one to one
interviews or group interviews? Also it says that mental maths calculation strategies will be tested...is this something to be scared of?

Would you recommend going alone to the interview days or taking someone with you? I think I will be going alone to the majority but is this advised?

Also if anybody else has applied to any of these, let me know:
York St John
Edge Hill
Liverpool Hope
Leeds Trinity
Hull
Booboo1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ameliashimells)

I'm applying for BA Primary Education and have received 4 interview offers, first
interviews or group interviews? Also it says that mental maths calculation strategies will be tested...is this something to be scared of?

Would you recommend going alone to the interview days or taking someone with you? I think I will be going alone to the majority but is this advised?

York St John
Edge Hill
Liverpool Hope
Leeds Trinity
Hull
Hi I've applied to Leeds trinity and York St John as well! Have you been given interview dates for them yet? From the other interviews I've been to I would recommend looking at some current educational issues for the individual interview and the maths tasks have been of a similar difficulty as the skills tests. I'm taking a guest to York but not Leeds. At the first interview I had there was only one guest but the second about half of the interviewees took a guest so it seems to be different at each uni. Hope at least some of this helps! ☺️
Booboo1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ameliashimells)

York St John
Edge Hill
Liverpool Hope
Leeds Trinity
Hull
Hi I've applied to Leeds Trinity and York St John as well! Have you been given interview dates for them yet? From the other interviews I've been to I would recommend looking at some current educational issues for the individual interview and the maths tasks have been of a similar difficulty as the skills tests. I'm taking a guest to York but not Leeds. At the first interview I had there was only one guest but the second about half of the interviewees took a guest so it seems to be different at each uni. Hope at least some of this helps! ☺️
JoannaTD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey,

I've got interview for Leeds trinity and York St. John, both in January.
I'm quite nervous about presentation for the group interview at York!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads