Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First time using this so don't know if I'm using it correctly but here goes...

I'm applying for BA Primary Education and have received 4 interview offers, first
    being this coming Wednesday. Does anybody have any advice for one to one
    interviews or group interviews? Also it says that mental maths calculation strategies will be tested...is this something to be scared of?

Would you recommend going alone to the interview days or taking someone with you? I think I will be going alone to the majority but is this advised?

Also if anybody else has applied to any of these, let me know:
    York St John
    Edge Hill
    Liverpool Hope
    Leeds Trinity
    Hull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliashimells)

I'm applying for BA Primary Education and have received 4 interview offers, first
    interviews or group interviews? Also it says that mental maths calculation strategies will be tested...is this something to be scared of?

Would you recommend going alone to the interview days or taking someone with you? I think I will be going alone to the majority but is this advised?

York St John
    Edge Hill
    Liverpool Hope
    Leeds Trinity
    Hull
    Hi I've applied to Leeds trinity and York St John as well! Have you been given interview dates for them yet? From the other interviews I've been to I would recommend looking at some current educational issues for the individual interview and the maths tasks have been of a similar difficulty as the skills tests. I'm taking a guest to York but not Leeds. At the first interview I had there was only one guest but the second about half of the interviewees took a guest so it seems to be different at each uni. Hope at least some of this helps! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliashimells)

York St John
    Edge Hill
    Liverpool Hope
    Leeds Trinity
    Hull
    Hi I've applied to Leeds Trinity and York St John as well! Have you been given interview dates for them yet? From the other interviews I've been to I would recommend looking at some current educational issues for the individual interview and the maths tasks have been of a similar difficulty as the skills tests. I'm taking a guest to York but not Leeds. At the first interview I had there was only one guest but the second about half of the interviewees took a guest so it seems to be different at each uni. Hope at least some of this helps! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    hey,

I've got interview for Leeds trinity and York St. John, both in January.
    I'm quite nervous about presentation for the group interview at York!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.