Turn on thread page Beta

I really don't know what to make of this situation...
    So, on Fresher's week I met this guy who approached me randomly asking me to join a society that he's Vice for. I gave my name and details on a paper and we didnt talk that much but he was really nice. So then, a few days later first week of uni - I see him at the library and whenever he sees me he stops me or approaches me asking if I will be going to the event/meeting of the society. I always reply with 'maybe' for the past 2 occasions and didn't go. He continues to persist to ask me everytime we're in the library about going along to an event.

So then 2 weeks ago, I was walking to the shops alone and he comes out of nowhere saying he was gonna walk with me as he has nothing else to do. We went to the shops and then back to mine. He stayed there with me for around 5 hours and throughout the whole time we were in very deep conversation about Life, relationships, people, society. He then left. I thought of him as a brotherly figure I really did.

2 days ago I texted him as a joke responding to his event saying how I would go. We texted for about an hour that night. Then last night, he popped up again and this time we spoke over text for a good 4 hours. He always asks a lot of questions about me and is so interesting in getting to know me completely and the way I think and why I say what I say. He wanted to meet up after he found out how dramatic my love life had been recently so we met today. We spoke very comfortably again w each other and he introduced me to his friends that came by but throughout the time I was half working half talking, I would catch him at times just staring at me then when he knew I saw he would quickly make convo. Also when he talks to me a lot of the times his eyes drop down to my lips quite a lot! He walked me home today but it felt as though he delayed saying goodbye as he kept continuing to build convo. Im not sure what to think of all this - does this guy like me? My friends believe so... or is he just very friendly because I know socially he's out there and lively. I don't have any experience with boys/relationships so please someone what does it mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really don't know what to make of this situation...
    So, on Fresher's week I met this guy who approached me randomly asking me to join a society that he's Vice for. I gave my name and details on a paper and we didnt talk that much but he was really nice. So then, a few days later first week of uni - I see him at the library and whenever he sees me he stops me or approaches me asking if I will be going to the event/meeting of the society. I always reply with 'maybe' for the past 2 occasions and didn't go. He continues to persist to ask me everytime we're in the library about going along to an event.

So then 2 weeks ago, I was walking to the shops alone and he comes out of nowhere saying he was gonna walk with me as he has nothing else to do. We went to the shops and then back to mine. He stayed there with me for around 5 hours and throughout the whole time we were in very deep conversation about Life, relationships, people, society. He then left. I thought of him as a brotherly figure I really did.

2 days ago I texted him as a joke responding to his event saying how I would go. We texted for about an hour that night. Then last night, he popped up again and this time we spoke over text for a good 4 hours. He always asks a lot of questions about me and is so interesting in getting to know me completely and the way I think and why I say what I say. He wanted to meet up after he found out how dramatic my love life had been recently so we met today. We spoke very comfortably again w each other and he introduced me to his friends that came by but throughout the time I was half working half talking, I would catch him at times just staring at me then when he knew I saw he would quickly make convo. Also when he talks to me a lot of the times his eyes drop down to my lips quite a lot! He walked me home today but it felt as though he delayed saying goodbye as he kept continuing to build convo. Im not sure what to think of all this - does this guy like me? My friends believe so... or is he just very friendly because I know socially he's out there and lively. I don't have any experience with boys/relationships so please someone what does it mean?

It's unlikely that he likes you, but If you ask him out then he will likely say yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, do you like him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Shibex)
    It's unlikely that he likes you, but If you ask him out then he will likely say yes.
    What makes you think it's likely he will say yes if he doesn't like me?

(Original post by jenni:))
    Well, do you like him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As a friend/brother Yes completely but it's still early days to see if it could be anything more. But for some reason - there is a chemistry between us

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think it's likely he will say yes if he doesn't like me?
    The whole situation. He seems to be a friend, but not a friendzone friend.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    He obviously likes her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalfros)
    He obviously likes her.
    Who knows, let her find out. If he doens't it isn't the end of the world.

(Original post by Metalfros)
    He obviously likes her.
    What makes you think this btw?

Who knows, let her find out. If he doens't it isn't the end of the world.
    I definitely realise it won't be the end of the world haha dw. But you're stating that he doesn't like me but can I just ask why you think this is from what I said?

ReputationRep:

I definitely realise it won't be the end of the world haha dw. But you're stating that he doesn't like me but can I just ask why you think this is from what I said?
    If you think of him in a brotherly way, would you date your brother?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Honestly if I was interested in a girl, random or not, I would spend as much time with them as possible. This guy does seem to put a lot of effort in you, a random girl at the time he started tbh.

If you think of him in a brotherly way, would you date your brother?
    You're not answering my question

ReputationRep:
    You're not answering my question
    idk i just get that feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Many relationships definitely start as friendships then lead to something more (or you friendzone each other - there's that possibility). Right now, its not a definite answer if he likes you too. Its still early days as you said so yourself so give it some time. I feel like he's more of a friend to you but with how you described all that's happened, then maybe there's something there idk. Or he could just be persistent in recruiting people to join his society. Don't read too much into things right now as its still too early to say if he likes you/not. Only time will tell really. xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, hard to tell. He could like you. Buttt I know guys like this in real life and it's just how they are. Maybe he sees you as a good friend? Like after having stayed with you the first time he felt you both got along hence why he hangs out with you more? That society thing,he's vice president, so of course he'll push you to join etc, he's most likely done the same with other people.
    I think for now just see him as a friend and wait it out. If he likes you he'll make it obvious at some point. If you like him then drop hints!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.