NY Times exit poll tracker: More minorities voted for Trump than Romney in 2012 Watch

username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
According to an exit poll tracker by the New York Times [link], Donald Trump actually won a higher percentage of black, Hispanic and Asian votes than Romney in 2012. This was despite the constant media narrative about Trump being a racist xenophobe. He actually gained minority voters for the Republican party accoss the board. The percentage of the white vote didn't change all that significantly, which would suggest this increase in the minority vote may have put him ahead in this very tight election.

Additionally, Clinton only gained 1% of the female vote and trump gained 5% of the youth vote versus the previous election.

Trump did lose a percentage of the college-educated vote for the Republicans, however. Nevertheless, the proportions of college-educated Americans voting for Clinton and Trump were not hugely different. This contradicts the narrative that only uneducated Americans were voting for Trump.
Ladbants
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A President for all Americans. Trump loves America and wants to make the nation great again. I hope he does it.
username521617
Rep:
?
He also won 29% of the Hispanic/Latino vote in total. Which is surpising considering what so many people had to say about his views towards them.
Cato the Elder
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not many people commenting here^^
username521617
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cato the Elder)
Not many people commenting here^^
You'd think this would be interesting to people, no?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.25%
They've been reasonable (67)
41.88%
Not feeling great... (44)
27.5%
They are TERRIBLE! (39)
24.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise