The Student Room Group

Medical Biosciences at Imperial

Yep this is another one of those 'Will my application be considered?' threads.

I achieved 9 A*s and 4 As at GCSE. Things were good and after my GCSE results day, I was even considering Oxbridge. However I completely fked up in Year 12 and now my predictions are A* BB. My dreams of doing undergrad medicine have been thrown out since I've dropped Chemistry as well now.

I have now decided to do biomedical and do post grad medicine after. I want to go to a good uni though for my biomedical undergrad.

I have already applied via UCAS to Surrey, Sussex, Exeter, Warwick and Birmingham. This was yesterday and I have received an offer from Surrey. Now I know that university choices can still be swapped since it has not yet been past the 2 weeks deadline.

I have been thinking of swapping out Birmingham with Imperial. Imperial is the university that I deeply wish to get into: the course covers everything I want to know and more - needless to say, the medical bioscience course there is perfect. The only problem is that the entry requirement is AAA whereas my prediction is on,y A*BB. The A* is for Psychology and the 2 Bs are for Maths and Biology. I definitely am working a lot harder in Yr13 and I know I can get the As.

But will I be considered? Will my GCSEs help? I called admissions today and they told me that an A prediction for Biology would help a lot. Since I have already gotten an offer from Surrey, I'm thinking of applying to Imperial just in case they accept me. I have nothing to lose anyway because at least if I do apply, I won't have any regrets in the future?

What would you do if you were in my place? Do you guys think I have a chance or should I leave everything as it is?

I'm definitely regretting not revising hard in Yr12
Reply 1
Original post by HoPeLessYLost
requirement is AAA whereas my prediction is on,y A*BB. The A* is for Psychology and the 2 Bs are for Maths and Biology.

Might be a stretch...
Screenshot_20161111-223100.png
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest