Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yep this is another one of those 'Will my application be considered?' threads.

I achieved 9 A*s and 4 As at GCSE. Things were good and after my GCSE results day, I was even considering Oxbridge. However I completely fked up in Year 12 and now my predictions are A* BB. My dreams of doing undergrad medicine have been thrown out since I've dropped Chemistry as well now.

I have now decided to do biomedical and do post grad medicine after. I want to go to a good uni though for my biomedical undergrad.

I have already applied via UCAS to Surrey, Sussex, Exeter, Warwick and Birmingham. This was yesterday and I have received an offer from Surrey. Now I know that university choices can still be swapped since it has not yet been past the 2 weeks deadline.

I have been thinking of swapping out Birmingham with Imperial. Imperial is the university that I deeply wish to get into: the course covers everything I want to know and more - needless to say, the medical bioscience course there is perfect. The only problem is that the entry requirement is AAA whereas my prediction is on,y A*BB. The A* is for Psychology and the 2 Bs are for Maths and Biology. I definitely am working a lot harder in Yr13 and I know I can get the As.

But will I be considered? Will my GCSEs help? I called admissions today and they told me that an A prediction for Biology would help a lot. Since I have already gotten an offer from Surrey, I'm thinking of applying to Imperial just in case they accept me. I have nothing to lose anyway because at least if I do apply, I won't have any regrets in the future?

What would you do if you were in my place? Do you guys think I have a chance or should I leave everything as it is?

I'm definitely regretting not revising hard in Yr12
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by HoPeLessYLost)
    requirement is AAA whereas my prediction is on,y A*BB. The A* is for Psychology and the 2 Bs are for Maths and Biology.
    Might be a stretch...
    Name:  Screenshot_20161111-223100.png
Views: 392
Size:  68.0 KB
    https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back??!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.