Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

There doesn't seem to be a thread on this so thought I'd start it..

Anyone applying to any of these courses anywhere?

What are your profiles? When have you applied/planning on applying?
    Doing the GMAT or cba with it?

Let's hear it...!

I've thus far applied for the MSc/Mim (Management) at LSE, UCL and LBS and am still waiting to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MUAD_)
    Hi guys,

There doesn't seem to be a thread on this so thought I'd start it..

Anyone applying to any of these courses anywhere?

What are your profiles? When have you applied/planning on applying?
    Doing the GMAT or cba with it?

Let's hear it...!

I've thus far applied for the MSc/Mim (Management) at LSE, UCL and LBS and am still waiting to hear back.
    This is a god-send of a thread! Ive been waiting for this sort of thread - I have hardly anyone to even speak to about all this stuff with!

So my profile is, got my undergrad in Biomedical Science from a top 20 uni (top 10 for lifesci), 86% average, and graduated this year. Got awards for highest scoring grade of the cohort in second year, and an award for getting highest overall degree average in third year.

Currently in the process of applying to Durham, Manchester and Bath. Might apply to Leeds as well for as many options as I can get. Potentially may apply to Warwick but its fees turn me off a little bit. That and I have friends at warwick who have given very mixed messages. Might apply to Cass as well but as they say a GMAT may help but its not required.

In terms of the GMAT, absolutely have no time for that. I suffered enough dealing with the UKCAT back in the day, im not putting myself through anything like that again. Maybe I would if i applied to unis that required it but im not applying for these so, meh really. My degree has shown im adept at researching, analysing and interpreting all sorts of data, I wrote a 15k word dissertation and over 50% of that was based on analysing numerical data.

Just need to bang these applications out and find out how out what they think of me. Im nervous, I keep hearing how they are ultra choosey and ultra competitive, and that makes me worried I haven't got any work experience (but then most of these courses say they dont require it and from the admissions offices ive spoke to, it doesnt seem like it really matters).

Fingers crossed eh!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I have also applied to MSc Mangement! I have sent off applications to UCL, Queen Mary, and Manchester. I also applied to Cambridge for shits and giggles, even though I know I am not going to get in. I have received offers from Queen Mary and Manchester so far, but still waiting to hear back from the rest. I applied around October 12/13. (I have also applied to KCL in Marketing and LSE in Media and Communications (Data) just to get a more dispersed option).

I am an international student. I am currently in my final year at University of California Santa Cruz (which was ranked 27th in the world this year) in Film and Digital Media. I have a 3.67 GPA and I've done two terms abroad in London (I am currently studying until December at King's College). I also am graduating a year early (I did all 4 years of my degree in three years).

I really want to get into UCL, but I know it is a very competitive program. I tried my best to emphasize my strong suits (international exposure and strong analytical skills), but I don't know if that will be enough to cut it. I did have an interview with UCL about a week and a half after I applied, but haven't heard anything since then. Has anyone else heard back from UCL or had an interview (if so how do you think it went)?

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    I will have an interview with MSc management of UCL in several days.
    Could you recall the questions in the interview?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsssong)
    hello,
    Thank you
    I can't recall the specifics of the questions, but they were very general interview questions (ie What can you bring to the program? Why this program? What difficulties could you face).
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,
    Has anyone thought of Cranfield?? We have an amazing MIM course that offers you the practical element of a paid 3 month in-company internship. Companies like Marks & Spencer, Whirlpool, Suzuki GB. Many of our graduates have also gone on to be employed by these companies after the course. Might be worth a look at our website https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/mast...ses/management
    Sophie - Cranfield Uni

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone ! Please could you recommend a lesser known book which would be helpful for management sciences ? Thank you!!😊😊

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh just paid up and sent off my app to manchester! Just need to send of Bath now, and let the waiting begin! D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImASnek)
    Ahhhh just paid up and sent off my app to manchester! Just need to send of Bath now, and let the waiting begin! D:
    hi, i am also applying to Manchester. Did you submit two academic references? I'm wondering if it's possible to submit one academic and a professional reference, as I can't get hold of a second academic reference right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikramvp)
    hi, i am also applying to Manchester. Did you submit two academic references? I'm wondering if it's possible to submit one academic and a professional reference, as I can't get hold of a second academic reference right now
    Hey!!!!

Im pretty sure I forgot to update this thread but I got an unconditional offer through three days after they received my second reference so if you do apply well be classmates aha

I'm sure they say that a professional reference is fine if you can't obtain a second academic one! But try and phone up the admissions team they are an absolute godsend! They're so helpful and informative I can't recommend them enough if you have any questions!

Edit I didn't answer your question, yes I submitted two academic ones but I only graduated back in July and have no other work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImASnek)
    Hey!!!!

Im pretty sure I forgot to update this thread but I got an unconditional offer through three days after they received my second reference so if you do apply well be classmates aha

I'm sure they say that a professional reference is fine if you can't obtain a second academic one! But try and phone up the admissions team they are an absolute godsend! They're so helpful and informative I can't recommend them enough if you have any questions!

Edit I didn't answer your question, yes I submitted two academic ones but I only graduated back in July and have no other work experience
    That's great! Congrats on your offer! I will give them a call then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikramvp)
    That's great! Congrats on your offer! I will give them a call then!
    Thanks mate If you need any advice about the application itself I guess im in a position to advise now too so drop me a line They close at like 5 too so I guess you got time before they shut tonight

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!! Has anyone been asked for an interview? if yes, what tips or suggestions can you give for a successful interview?
    What were the questions like and how long did it take!? Thank you in advance and good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsssong)
    hello,
    Thank you
    hello i hope your interview went well! could you give me some tips please! what kind of questions were asked? thank you !!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just wanted to check after how many days should I expect a reply from UCL after the interview is complete

ReputationRep:
    That would be great to know. I applied five weeks ago and haven't received a response. Did you get anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy🙋🏽

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.