The Student Room Group

How can I become a real estate mogul like Donald Trump?

I don't really agree with his policies much but I am quite inspired by the wealth he has been able to create while also changing skylines and landscapes and providing homes for people to live in. He's worked on such huge projects on a big scale, managing them. I've become more interestedly in real estate and propeity development because of this man

I don't come from money, so I doubt I will be able to actually build huge skyscrapers but is there any way to actually get into real estate development? Like could I work for a firm like the Trump organisaition, helping them to decide where to invest and how to maximise profit? I've heard of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and real estate coverage groups in investment banking. Is it possible to work for reale state banking and then move on to working at a Real Estate Investment Trust?
regarding through banking, yes that's a possibility
Reply 3
Original post by ilikecats12
I don't really agree with his policies much but I am quite inspired by the wealth he has been able to create while also changing skylines and landscapes and providing homes for people to live in. He's worked on such huge projects on a big scale, managing them. I've become more interestedly in real estate and propeity development because of this man

I don't come from money, so I doubt I will be able to actually build huge skyscrapers but is there any way to actually get into real estate development? Like could I work for a firm like the Trump organisaition, helping them to decide where to invest and how to maximise profit? I've heard of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and real estate coverage groups in investment banking. Is it possible to work for reale state banking and then move on to working at a Real Estate Investment Trust?

You just have to ask a small loan of a million dollars from your father.
You should read how he really made his money. Your description of him is rather fanciful/ deluded.
He doesnt really build and hasnt done for a long time. He has a Trump brand and charges for it to be used.
Basically, **** people over at every opportunity. Charge people extra for things you don't deliver. Hire people, but then don't pay them. Collect tuition fees for tutelage you have not given. Whenever you think you might be able to trick someone into giving you money, do so.
Reply 6
Trump is reallyyyyy not an aspirational person in terms of real estate or business at all.
How about you become a real estate mogul who isn't like Donald Trump?
I've stayed in Trump hotels before and they're tremendous, believe me!

What makes them so great? The service. The rooms. The price. He really does make the best deals

If you too make the best deals like Trump has, I'm confident you'll be winning bigly in no time!
Original post by TelAviv
I've stayed in Trump hotels before and they're tremendous, believe me!

What makes them so great? The service. The rooms. The price. He really does make the best deals

If you too make the best deals like Trump has, I'm confident you'll be winning bigly in no time!

I can guarantee it, because I know it all, believe me, I am Donald Trump and I am always right. Believe me I can make the best deals, because I make the best deals. Believe me.
Just to put this out there, the stock market increased by roughly 500 times since 1975, inflation 445%, i.e. 4.45 times. If you consider the 1 million he got in 1975, just investing that in the market and letting it sit would have yielded nearly 2 billion in today's money. now consider that he actually got more than a million loan, 14 million in fact have been shown that he owned his dad in 1984, he would have done even better. a lot better. Not to mention that his net worth of 10 billion is very disputed.

Mind you, he still was "successful", he understands people, he is a bully, he tricked people, etc. But the bottom line is that neither was he that successful, particularly as a real estate mogul, and much less a person to aspire to be.
You gotta have HUGE hands... people call me, industry experts, they call me and say Donald you have the biggest hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilikecats12

Get $14mil from Daddy
Original post by 0to100
Get $14mil from Daddy

"Small loan"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702

Miniscule
Donald Trump had to overcome adversity being a goyim in real estate in NY

Quick Reply