This discussion is closed.
missgalaxy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Can somebody have a look at my personal statement for mech. engineering?
Plz tell me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.
Thanx a lot

PS: I'm an Austrian student, so I doubt that I've always used correct and formal expressions. Feel free to change anything.
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
One more thing: Do you think that Times New Roman, size 11 is ok?
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
I've written 616 words, is this too much?
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by missgalaxy)
I've written 616 words, is this too much?
if you do it online, it gives you the maximum amount of words you can use, check with your form tutor, or whoever is responsible for the UCAS forms
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by DazYa777)
if you do it online, it gives you the maximum amount of words you can use, check with your form tutor, or whoever is responsible for the UCAS forms
I don't do it online. It fits into the place on the UCAS form with size 11.
female_engineer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was told when I did my personal statement that the font size should be no smaller than 12.
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by female_engineer)
I was told when I did my personal statement that the font size should be no smaller than 12.
Yeah I've been told the same - though I expect you could get away with at least 11.5 and maybe 11.

Try photocopying your ps to reduce the size to A5 (as this is how the unis see it) and see if it's still readable.
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by loftx)
Yeah I've been told the same - though I expect you could get away with at least 11.5 and maybe 11.

Try photocopying your ps to reduce the size to A5 (as this is how the unis see it) and see if it's still readable.
Hopefully I can get away with 11, cause I've already reduced my words from 800 to 600. However, it doesn't fit into the space on the form with size 12.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think you need some more details about your engineering interests and maybe some examples of work you have done to support this.
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by shiny)
I think you need some more details about your engineering interests and maybe some examples of work you have done to support this.
Ok, thanx very much
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.27%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.26%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.63%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
9.3%

Watched Threads