What should I do? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a favourite teacher, who teaches my favourite subject. A rumour has gone around that apparently he doesn't like my class (he teaches two classes in my year) compared to his other class, because apparently we are too 'boring' as we are so quiet in lessons. I don't know what it is about our class, but we are so quiet, compared to the other class who talk and joke around with him quite often.

The reason why he is my favourite teacher is because he's so easy to talk to, he's helped me with some problems, he's so good at giving advice and he has such a strong passion for his subject. Some people have said to me that they think that I'm his favourite because he always uses my work as an example. If I don't understand anything, he's always glad to help, and we just generally have some nice conversations about the subject, because we both love it so much. He's like a friend to me, and I really like that.

But I just can't get what he said out of my head. I feel like he doesn't like me, since he doesn't like our class. I admit that I am quiet in class, but I do talk to him before and after class, because I'm just not good with talking within a class full of people; I'm more comfortable talking to just him. It's not my fault that I'm a shy person, and I actually feel quite upset that he said that, seeing as he's my favourite teacher.

I also feel like he may think that I don't appreciate the things he's done for me (which is a lot), but there's only so much I can do for a teacher without it looking suspicious.

I just don't know how to act next lesson. What should I do?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a favourite teacher, who teaches my favourite subject. A rumour has gone around that apparently he doesn't like my class (he teaches two classes in my year) compared to his other class, because apparently we are too 'boring' as we are so quiet in lessons. I don't know what it is about our class, but we are so quiet, compared to the other class who talk and joke around with him quite often.

The reason why he is my favourite teacher is because he's so easy to talk to, he's helped me with some problems, he's so good at giving advice and he has such a strong passion for his subject. Some people have said to me that they think that I'm his favourite because he always uses my work as an example. If I don't understand anything, he's always glad to help, and we just generally have some nice conversations about the subject, because we both love it so much. He's like a friend to me, and I really like that.

But I just can't get what he said out of my head. I feel like he doesn't like me, since he doesn't like our class. I admit that I am quiet in class, but I do talk to him before and after class, because I'm just not good with talking within a class full of people; I'm more comfortable talking to just him. It's not my fault that I'm a shy person, and I actually feel quite upset that he said that, seeing as he's my favourite teacher.

I also feel like he may think that I don't appreciate the things he's done for me (which is a lot), but there's only so much I can do for a teacher without it looking suspicious.

I just don't know how to act next lesson. What should I do?
Don't take it personally, I think deep down you know it's not personal and there's only so much you can do as an individual.

What I would suggest is to be more active during the class. Ask questions, challenge your knowledge, make a joke if appropriate... then even if the other people in the class don't step it up you can still stand out to him
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
Don't take it personally, I think deep down you know it's not personal and there's only so much you can do as an individual.

What I would suggest is to be more active during the class. Ask questions, challenge your knowledge, make a joke if appropriate... then even if the other people in the class don't step it up you can still stand out to him
Thank you, I guess now I realise that maybe he meant that he didn't like our class in general, not individual people like myself. I'll try to become more active during the class and see what happens
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%