The Student Room Group

I am a first year medic at Cambridge, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thatawesomekid
what calculator do you use? just a standard scientific one?

You'll never need anything more than a basic calculator, I use the Casio 991plus or something
Reply 61
Original post by okiedokiexx
heey may i ask what both of your ums scores were for as levels?

The average here is about 96% for AS then probably slightly lower for A2, most people tend to have all A*s at A level
I have a swap to go to, Whizbox can answer some of the questions for now!
Original post by Whizbox
The average here is about 96% for AS then probably slightly lower for A2, most people tend to have all A*s at A level

wowwww well done on getting in and thank you! x
Reply 64
Original post by Ethics Maniac
I have a swap to go to, Whizbox can answer some of the questions for now!

A swap at 5 on a Saturday? Interesting
Original post by Whizbox

go to do some work before the swap or else look stupid during supos
Original post by Whizbox

Indeed.
Why thank you. I read somewhere that you went to Oxford for medicine. I guess that's why you have so much free time for TSR.

🔥🔥🔥

Also, enjoy your swap!

Original post by Reality Check
It's a shame you weren't there a while ago, because you would have been lectured by Prof. Whyllie in 1B Path: he was an excellent lecturer. Are you still lectured in the Bristol Myers Squbb?

Second years get lectured in the Squibb :smile:

SCHI is a load of rubbish, its only there because our GMC overlords require it. It's ironic that in ISBM you learn about the importance of sample size, p-values etc., and then go to SCHI lectures where they present studies that have a sample size of 15.

Shame that there's a similar level of apathy towards both SCHI and ISBM, ISBM is actually pretty useful (if you want to be able to read research papers).

It's said that if you exceed the pass mark for SCHI, you should be disappointed you wasted so much of your time on it 😂
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, I hear it's all very swish now over at New Museums. My only advice for you is to have a flapjack or Millionaire's shortbread in the Path tea room whenever possible and be nice to the ladies in there.

Bristol-Myers-Squibb was only used for 2nd year lectures anyway... OP is Part IA...
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Bristol-Myers-Squibb was only used for 2nd year lectures anyway... OP is Part IA...

Yes, we've established that :smile:
Nottingham could be in top 3, if it wasn't for hosting the annual Medlink scam.

Medlink is a scam? That's been advertised around my sixth form college recently.

Not applying for medicine so sorry if I'm just being ignorant to something that's widely acknowledged within medicine candidate circles. I'm just quite nosey! :colondollar:
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
🔥🔥🔥

Also, enjoy your swap!

Second years get lectured in the Squibb :smile:

SCHI is a load of rubbish, its only there because our GMC overlords require it. It's ironic that in ISBM you learn about the importance of sample size, p-values etc., and then go to SCHI lectures where they present studies that have a sample size of 15.

Shame that there's a similar level of apathy towards both SCHI and ISBM, ISBM is actually pretty useful (if you want to be able to read research papers).

It's said that if you exceed the pass mark for SCHI, you should be disappointed you wasted so much of your time on it 😂

Is it true that Caius medics have like 100000000 supervisions a week? There's so many of you guys but I haven't met any yet so far!
Is it true that Caius medics have like 100000000 supervisions a week? There's so many of you guys but I haven't met any yet so far!

Approximately 9 supervisions a fortnight in first year, with about 7 of those having an essay set - fun times :frown: although it may be different for the current first years. Second year is easier (8 supos/fortnight, with 4 essays).

And yeah with around 25 medics + 2 vets in each year, I'm not surprised! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending