Qts degree interview! Watch

Hajjwajj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys...
I applied for a 2 year top up degree in primary education (with qts). What questions will they ask on the interview? Also, I need to bring in an object and explain HOW and WHY that will stimulate childrens learning. How would I use the object to support teaching and learning? What learning outcomes I might expect? (Needs to cover 2-3 curriculum areas). Its about 4-5 mins infront of a group. Could anyone give me some ideas on what to bring?
glitterphobia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hajjwajj)
Hi guys...
I applied for a 2 year top up degree in primary education (with qts). What questions will they ask on the interview? Also, I need to bring in an object and explain HOW and WHY that will stimulate childrens learning. How would I use the object to support teaching and learning? What learning outcomes I might expect? (Needs to cover 2-3 curriculum areas). Its about 4-5 mins infront of a group. Could anyone give me some ideas on what to bring?
Hi

Probably the standard ones:
"Why do you want to go into teaching?"
"What behaviour strategies could you use with a particular disruptive pupil?" (Meaning that you need to say not just how you would deal with them but the possible underlying issues the pupil may have).
"What experiences have you had in educational contexts?"
"How would you deal with the demands of the profession?"
"Why this particular course?"
"What are the qualities of a good teacher?"
"What have you got to offer as a teacher?"
"How could you make a lesson interesting to a group of low ability pupils?"
"Are extra-curricular activities important?"
"Is testing in schools good or bad?"
"What are the current issues in education?"
"Have you got any questions"

If you can go into a school and steal some resources for the day then do! I remember I took in a turtle and talked about using it for circle time (confidence), looking at the shapes on the turtle, design and technology of how it was made and what from, geography about where they are found and their life (science), making up a story about the turtle's adventure, positioning in maths (reception). Just look at the National Curriculum and use your imagination!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise