Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!
    I am currently in year 11 and would love to get all A*s at GCSE

BACKGROUND
    Spoiler:
    Show

After year 8 I moved to America for a year and a half, this kind of messed with my education as they teach very differently over there. Then when I moved back and couldn't get a place in a school until February of Year 10, consequently I'm a little behind! Also as I switched from music to food tech in June I am even more behind in that!

SUBJECTS
    Spoiler:
    Show

Maths- Edexcel- predicted 9
    English Literature- AQA- predicted 8
    English Language- AQA- predicted 9
    RE- Edexcel- predicted A*
    Biology- AQA- predicted A*
    Chemistry- AQA- predicted B
    Physics- AQA- predicted A
    French- AQA- predicted A
    History- AQA- predicted A*
    Music- Edexcel- predicted B

RIGHT NOW (MOCKS)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I am halfway through my mock exams, I don't think I revised enough and I am not sure how good my revision technique is, however i would still like to get A's (7's) or above. However in music I would be happy with C or above as I haven't covered a lot of the syllabus! Ideally they will all be as high as possible!

PLAN- DECEMBER
    Spoiler:
    Show

Annotated all set works for music- be completely caught up
    Decide on revision techniques for each subject
    Complete understanding of all B1, B2, C1, C2, P1, P2
    Factor, Key individual and time period flash cards for MTT
    Start french vocab flashcards
    Begin maths notes on tricky topics
    Finish Macbeth and Inspector Calls quote sheets

Anyway, i feel like this might be a bit ambitious but I would ideally like to do medicine at Oxford so I'm just going to have to work hard! Hopefully GYG will force me too!

Lucie xx

ReputationRep:
    OMG GOOD LUCK!! I am currently in year 11 too and my worst subject is English I was wondering if you are predicted 7s and 8s how do you revise for it? I did my English language mocks a couple of weeks ago and I was very disappointed with my results because I thought I tried very hard. Do you have any tips? Also I have my literature mocks in the new year as well as all my other mocks next week and I am stressed out on how to revise. Your predictions seem so good! Last year in mocks the lowest I got was B- (in German so it was understandable) but we have only been told a week ago about mocks and I am stressing!!!! Any ideas on how to memorise everything? THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK! xx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.