Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How's would you describe my parents they love my brother and me and are very devout parents. But sometimes I just don't 'get' them. How would you describe them? Are most Parents like this? They Notice everything I eat I'm one stone (yes just one stone) overweight and they obusess over what I eat,Comment on whether I've put on weight or Lost weight. They comment on my Clothes, Let me know if they do or don't like them. I've been independent since I was 18. They have never given me Any financial support and I earn more than them anyway. So it's not like I'm supported by them. I move out permanently at 18. And should not need to be obeying them. My 3 year old son adores them so I stay 2 weeks In their house every 2 Months and I can't say I enjoy it. I don't wear make up here as my Parents just go on about how much they hate it. I have a shower everyday and they comment that it's unnecessary. They complain that they're worried I'm Lonely but they rarely actually go up to visit me. I feel that every part of me is analysed and they have an opinion on everything I do and am. They have strict rules in the house. Lights out at 10pm, no eating after 6pm As it's bad for digestion! Even my three year old Has to eat Everything at the table and is only allowed tv on for a hour a day. They never ever congratulate me On my achievements but regularly put me down. They were happy When I got my current job and had a celebration but that is the only time they've shown pride and did not go to my graduation. How wWould you Describe them? Are they controlling?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I think they just show appreciation or pride differently than some parents. I don't think they're that controlling, maybe they just miss you since you left home or want to help you by giving advice but a lot of parents are like that, some worse (like mine). How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    where are you parents originally from?

ReputationRep:
    You may be an adult but they are still your parents. Respect your elders and betters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    You may be an adult but they are still your parents. Respect your elders and betters.
    Logic 101

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    What makes them necessarily better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 31!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    where are you parents originally from?
    Pretty racist this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.