Turn on thread page Beta

My ex boyfriend... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much everyone.

i actually totally forgot i started this thread. i was feeling quite down, and reading this has made me feel a bit better

i actually really like someone right now... and although i won't get with them or even tell them about it (because they have a girlfriend, so obviously) i think it's made me realise that when the right person comes along i'll be ready again. if i can feel things for the wrong person i'm sure i'll be able to feel things for the right person.

and yes i'm off to uni soon anyway, so who knows what'll happen there.

oh by the way, a couple of people asked, i was with him for 2 years, and he was the one who ended it. wow, didn't hurt so much to think about it that time lol

thanks again everyone. i hope people who are feeling the same as me are all ok :hugs: i think that it takes a while however long you were with someone... it's down to how much you cared rather than how long you were together.

oh roll on university lol

ReputationRep:
    Yea, also a good cure is when you start having crushes or even going out with someone else, makes you realise your ex wasnt the be all and end all when it comes to boyfriends!

ReputationRep:
    Glad you're feeling better about everything. It sucks a bit that you really like someone who's taken though. I guess it must be pretty hard for you. I've been through that whole process. I knew the girlfriend though which made it all the worse. Do you know his girlfriend? Never know they may break up. Thats what happened with the guy I was interested in.

It's good you're looking forward to uni, its a fresh new start for you!

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    i don't want to sound negative, but you'll probably never forget about him! eventually you'll stop thinking about him but all times spent together and all the memories will never go away. i know that sounds really awful, but i think it would be good advice to say don't get involved with someone unless you want to spend the rest of your life with them because the whole point with relationships is to build two people together for the future. If you're with someone for a few months or even a few weeks and you realise they're not 'the one' then just break it off rather than fooling yourself (and him). on a positive note, when you're with someone for a long time and the love is mutual and there is trust between you then you'll be able to forget the feelings you have had for people in the past as no one will compare to the one person who you truly love and you want to be with til death do you part as they say!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.