What do people mean when they say... Watch

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
"Put yourself out there"?

For the past 2 months I have spoken to so many more people, I could go to a stranger and create conversation. but my life still feels the same
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do I also have to put myself out there on social media?
PrinceHarrys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PrinceHarrys)
jesus CHRIST :rofl:
PrinceHarrys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
jesus CHRIST :rofl:
Best gif ever :rofl:
dimapos32
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From my perspective, this expression does not mean to go out and just speak to others. It is more like to understand those people and realize how privileged you! I do not know your background and whether your childhood was good or bad but I am sure that you have the privilege to have access to electricity, IT resources and internet. Since you have access to these three, I am pretty confident that you have also met the survival needs (water, food, shelter). Thus, you are privileged. There are people "out there" who are not as privileged as you and me are. There are people "out there" that do not have a house/shelter to protect themselves or food to eat every day, mostly due to their very bad economic situation.

However, depending on the country and the town you live in, there could be no homeless people and the unemployment levels could also be very low. In this case, the expression is used to highlight the difficulties that people face. I do not know your age, but usually until you finish university (and you try to find a job), you do not face any serious difficulties as the majority of your needs is ensured by your family. But as you finish university and you stop leaning on your parents, you will realize how difficult it is to survive and cover your own needs without depending on your family at all. Nowadays, people may even do two or more jobs to survive or cover their needs and wants. This is what this expression is all about. It is not about getting out and just get in contact with random people. It is more about communicating with them and understand how difficult life is.

A good way to "put yourself out there" is through community service. Go and become a volunteer in poorer regions or in an institute that takes care of other people and then your life will start feeling differently.

I hope I helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
16.9%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (22)
15.49%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
20.42%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (56)
39.44%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (4)
2.82%
No particular grades needed (7)
4.93%