Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am currently still in the process of applying for student finance, and had a question about entering my National Insurance Number. Where it states 'We need this at least 4 weeks before a payment can be made to you.' Does this apply to the tuition fees that are paid directly to my college, or does this only apply for the maintenance loan that is paid to me?

    So essentially, if I did not enter my National Insurance Number would tuition fee payments still be made to my college?

    Regards, Oliver Godfrey
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    We'll need your NINO before we can make any payments of loan, so this does also include tuition fees.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.