Turn on thread page Beta

Sunni vs Shia conflict? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a Sunni Muslim and I am noticing hatred between Muslims and its pretty sad, considering a large portion of non Muslim either hate Muslims, fell afraid of us (understandable) or feel uncomfortable around us. Now we are fighting amongst each other.
    My question is because that there are or I think there are a lot of young Muslims on the student room, we should discuss the difference between Sunni and Shia.
    I have questions for Shia Muslim in particular on few issues I have with their understanding of Islam.
    Do Shia Muslims curse some of the Sahabas?
    Why do you guys pray on rock during Salah?
    Do you guys add like something extra to the kalmia, like ....Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah.., and after do you guys say...and ali (ra) is Allah's friend and why.
    what hadith do you guys follow and what type of secs are their in Shia theology. I know there are 4 schools of thought in the Sunni theology which are not at war with one another and there are other secs which are pretty extremes which I denounce.
    are your guys hadith trust worthy, with a chain link, like everybody who new that hadith goes back to a Sahabas, also like a biography for each of them people who past on the hadith.
    The issue with Abu Bakr, does it really matter, like can we all give it a rest, can we agree that what happened over political differences shouldn't mean we should be separated. I'm a Sunni Muslim and I felt that Ummar (ra) should have been the first Caliph because the prophet (pbuh) said that if there was every a prophet after him (hypothetically speaking) it would be him. But I am content with Abu bakr being next. I respect Shia Muslims opinion on why they believed that Ali (ra) should have been Caliph. but who the **** cares over a political difference which happened 1400 years ago. and that shouldn't justify killing people and changing the deen.
    so can we have a debate about these points and talk about Sunnis in more particulars in another thread.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4178104

You're welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak)
    I am a Sunni Muslim and I am noticing hatred between Muslims and its pretty sad, considering a large portion of non Muslim either hate Muslims, fell afraid of us (understandable) or feel uncomfortable around us. Now we are fighting amongst each other.
    My question is because that there are or I think there are a lot of young Muslims on the student room, we should discuss the difference between Sunni and Shia.
    I have questions for Shia Muslim in particular on few issues I have with their understanding of Islam.
    Do Shia Muslims curse some of the Sahabas?
    Why do you guys pray on rock during Salah?
    Do you guys add like something extra to the kalmia, like ....Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah.., and after do you guys say...and ali (ra) is Allah's friend and why.
    what hadith do you guys follow and what type of secs are their in Shia theology. I know there are 4 schools of thought in the Sunni theology which are not at war with one another and there are other secs which are pretty extremes which I denounce.
    are your guys hadith trust worthy, with a chain link, like everybody who new that hadith goes back to a Sahabas, also like a biography for each of them people who past on the hadith.
    The issue with Abu Bakr, does it really matter, like can we all give it a rest, can we agree that what happened over political differences shouldn't mean we should be separated. I'm a Sunni Muslim and I felt that Ummar (ra) should have been the first Caliph because the prophet (pbuh) said that if there was every a prophet after him (hypothetically speaking) it would be him. But I am content with Abu bakr being next. I respect Shia Muslims opinion on why they believed that Ali (ra) should have been Caliph. but who the **** cares over a political difference which happened 1400 years ago. and that shouldn't justify killing people and changing the deen.
    so can we have a debate about these points and talk about Sunnis in more particulars in another thread.
    I agree we should give it a rest and unite under the banner of Islam. If we all united there would be no bloodshed in the Middle East as we are witnessing.

I advice you to ask all your Shia related questions on shiachat instead of tsr. You have more knowledgable users on that site

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.