Original post by hamza772000
:rofl: that other guy is u init :rofl:

who? anonymous?
Original post by User1213
who? anonymous?
no, prophet'spath lol :tongue:
Original post by Josb
Anyone that isn't a criminal. That seems obvious. :rolleyes:

What if theyr not a criminal in the eyes if the law because he or she has never been caught? And what if ur child really loved that "criminal". It's no time a crime or "bad to love someone" no matter who, which religion or culture. As u did point out further back.
Original post by hamza772000
no, prophet'spath lol :tongue:

no that's not me
Original post by Petulia
Would he consider converting? They might be more open to it if he was Muslim.

Is that how it is? Whether it's a White woman marrying a Muslim man or a Muslim woman marrying a White man - they must both convert to Islam? I think if this girl is interested in a White man, in Britain, then she should convert to Christianity and ditch her Middle Eastern religion.

When it comes to respect from elders, you can pay lip-service to them, but when it matters and we look at your actions, what do we see? Not only marrying outside of your religion, but committing miscegenation too. Any children you have with this man will look nothing like your parents or grandparents. That is where the real resentment will begin: your children.

So the answer is clear: do what you will with this chap, but understand the consequences with marrying him are sacrificing the ability to say that you truly care about your family.
Original post by RobML
I don't think you can compare drug addiction with interfaith relationships

Original post by RobML
Well that's silly

Original post by RobML
You don't have to entirely avoid the debate we were having

classic :rofl:
Original post by FaceofAnonymity
Is that how it is? Whether it's a White woman marrying a Muslim man or a Muslim woman marrying a White man - they must both convert to Islam? I think if this girl is interested in a White man, in Britain, then she should convert to Christianity and ditch her Middle Eastern religion.

When it comes to respect from elders, you can pay lip-service to them, but when it matters and we look at your actions, what do we see? Not only marrying outside of your religion, but committing miscegenation too. Any children you have with this man will look nothing like your parents or grandparents. That is where the real resentment will begin: your children.

So the answer is clear: do what you will with this chap, but understand the consequences with marrying him are sacrificing the ability to say that you truly care about your family.

Actually no, in Islam men can marry women of any Abrahamic faith. Women in Islam are advised to marry other Muslims only, as it is believed to be more common for children to practice what the father does. As I've said before in this thread, she's just looking for advice from people with a similar background, not your opinions on her religion. There is another forum here for that, so please go discuss it there.
Reply 68
Original post by Josb
Not that kind apparently.

Scary thing is that honor killings do occur, especially in Muslim and Middle East communities. This represents backward cultural values and should not be adhered to..OP you're in the West perhaps you'll have more freedom to escape. Perhaps convert away from Islam? Apostasy though.
is your boyfriend gonna convert to islam?
Stand by your man, I've known so many Muslim women who married Asian rudeboys who ended up cheating. If he's a good guy, let him put a ring on it.
OP if you feel as if he's the one then go for it. You might end up being bitter and regretful if you do let him go and go by your parents. You're 25 and you have a career. It's all upto you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
The reason I've put Pakistani Muslims because I believe no one really understands the backward nature of Pakistani culture unless you're in it

Sorry in advance about the bad spelling/grammar, I'm not the best at writing.

So I'm 25 years old, have a reputable well paid job, live on my own and I have a white boyfriend. We've been going out for a couple of years now, and I know we both ( if things continue to go really well) are thinking about marriage now.

The biggest obstacle is my parents who are I own are going to be absolutely devastated- and I really cant stress this enough. To them to marry a BRITISH Pakistani is like - whoa ( if you want a decent a guy you'd marry from back home where you can be truly sure of the persons character). So never mind a white guy.

My boyfriend - now I know you're going to be skeptical the following because you think I'm in love so can't see any bad, believe me I can but this guy, is 1 in a million. A kind, intelligent, 'good hearted' type of guy. I know I'm very lucky to have found someone like him, and the thought of letting him go is unbearable.

I love my family I really do, and my parents are kind people but its been ingrained in them that family honour within the community is extremely
important. And I know they love me as well, but I KNOW they would rather I married no one than a white guy. And that to me is unimaginable because all I've every wanted is a family of my own. I wouldnt be just losing my parents, but my relatives and religious Muslim friends as well :frown:

I would like advice from other Asians who have seen or experienced themselves how it all pans out if the couple marry regardless of their parents view. Do the parents eventually come round ? :frown:

Sorry this has been a bit of a rant.
Basically I've met an amazing guy whom I want to marry but I don't want to lose family. What do I do....

In Islam there is no issue with interracial marriage, the problem arises if you are both from different religions. How about make him become a Muslim and marry you? If he loves you, he needs to accept you for who you are and has some sensitivity towards your faith and background. Make istikhara, Allah is the best of all planners.
Original post by ~scorpio~
In Islam there is no issue with interracial marriage, the problem arises if you are both from different religions. How about make him become a Muslim and marry you? If he loves you, he needs to accept you for who you are and has some sensitivity towards your faith and background. Make istikhara, Allah is the best of all planners.

Why on earth does he even have to consider conversion in the first place? No person should ever have to change into something as big as religion just so they can marry someone they love.
Original post by Anonymous
The reason I've put Pakistani Muslims because I believe no one really understands the backward nature of Pakistani culture unless you're in it

Sorry in advance about the bad spelling/grammar, I'm not the best at writing.

So I'm 25 years old, have a reputable well paid job, live on my own and I have a white boyfriend. We've been going out for a couple of years now, and I know we both ( if things continue to go really well) are thinking about marriage now.

The biggest obstacle is my parents who are I own are going to be absolutely devastated- and I really cant stress this enough. To them to marry a BRITISH Pakistani is like - whoa ( if you want a decent a guy you'd marry from back home where you can be truly sure of the persons character). So never mind a white guy.

My boyfriend - now I know you're going to be skeptical the following because you think I'm in love so can't see any bad, believe me I can but this guy, is 1 in a million. A kind, intelligent, 'good hearted' type of guy. I know I'm very lucky to have found someone like him, and the thought of letting him go is unbearable.

I love my family I really do, and my parents are kind people but its been ingrained in them that family honour within the community is extremely
important. And I know they love me as well, but I KNOW they would rather I married no one than a white guy. And that to me is unimaginable because all I've every wanted is a family of my own. I wouldnt be just losing my parents, but my relatives and religious Muslim friends as well :frown:

I would like advice from other Asians who have seen or experienced themselves how it all pans out if the couple marry regardless of their parents view. Do the parents eventually come round ? :frown:

Sorry this has been a bit of a rant.
Basically I've met an amazing guy whom I want to marry but I don't want to lose family. What do I do....

OK, Will he consider converting, your family might accept him more. Also, if he sticks by you all that time, they will realise he is a guy in a million. you know.. i really hate to say this, buti couldnt see myslef living wth a guy who eats pork and drinks alcohol. If he ddnt do that, then maybe i would, but you are breaking several islamic laws, however, if you are ntendoing to break form islam, i strongly discourage you.
Original post by Petulia
Did I say the word "harmful" anywhere?
I said that it is confusing for a child.
Imagine having a Hindu mother who believes in multiple Gods, is a complete vegetarian and does not believe in any of the Abrahamic prophets, and a Christian father who only believes in one God, does eat meat, and follows a completely different religious script.
There is nothing wrong with having any of these beliefs, but they are obviously very contradictory and that is definitely going to confuse a child.

On another note, I really don't appreciate you derailing this girl's thread. Please take your religious debates to a more appropriate forum.

Could a mod please delete all of these irrelevant religious comments so that people can continue to answer the original post? Thanks.

Life is confusing, deal with it. Millions of people across the globe grow up with parents of different religious beliefs and most of them turn out to be just fine so it's hardly one of the most confusing or detrimental things in life
OP, ignore the self-righteous Muslims on here who know nothing of love and marriage and give you frankly stupid solutions. it's devastating that in this day and age there are still ppl who will tell you to give up your true love for the sake of appeasing allah.

Ignore them. I am a Muslim woman and my husband is a white atheist. He is the love of my life and our marriage could not be happier. it won't wreck your dunya and akhirah as one stupid poster has said as allah won't punish someone for true love, how stupid does one have to be to believe that. Sadly it seems like your family is quite intolerant meaning you will ultimately have to decide between your own happiness and theirs, I know which one I'd choose.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Why on earth does he even have to consider conversion in the first place? No person should ever have to change into something as big as religion just so they can marry someone they love.

That's the only way to save their relationship I'm afraid. If he isn't practicing already, what's the problem? If he loved her he would do it for the sake of her..maybe then Allah will open his heart.

However, I'm talking about the best option for her because she insists that she loves him and doesn't want to leave him because she thinks he's the one. If I was in her shoes I wouldn't consider a relationship like that from the start, but I'm only suggesting what the best option for her is. Non Pakistani is okay but a non Muslim is a definite no for everyone of all backgrounds.

OK so using your same reasoning if she truly loves him then she should deconvert from Islam. Why is t always the man expected to convert?
That's the only way to save their relationship I'm afraid. If he isn't practicing already, what's the problem? If he loved her he would do it for the sake of her..maybe then Allah will open his heart.

However, I'm talking about the best option for her because she insists that she loves him and doesn't want to leave him because she thinks he's the one. If I was in her shoes I wouldn't consider a relationship like that from the start, but I'm only suggesting what the best option for her is. Non Pakistani is okay but a non Muslim is a definite no for everyone of all backgrounds.

No it isn't the only way. I'm a Muslim woman married to a white atheist and he didn't convert to Islam and our marriage is going brilliantly

Latest

Trending

Trending