The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;ys4CL9yI6Kk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys4CL9yI6Kk[/video]
Original post by Mathsmad123

Don't try and defend, or say its subjective because it is not.

Well that's convincing!

Original post by Mathsmad123

I have no time for people who think its okay not to treat someone equally.

Evidently you did considering you replied...

When did I say it's permissible to treat others without justice?
Original post by Anonymous
as if asians and white people are the only ethnicities that exist

Where I live there are pretty much only white or asian people
LOL I'm sorry, but you're asking Muslims what you should do about your long-term white boyfriend? They're Muslims, they're going to tell you the same thing in succession, and it's probably not what you want to hear or believe.

Answer yourself these questions:
-Do you believe in the Abrahamic version of Judgement day?
-Are your beliefs that concrete that you're willing to risk having a miserable life in the hopes that when you die you'll go to paradise?
-If you're in the morally correct position and your parents aren't, should you really consider their views? (I understand this is complicated though)
-You've considered your parents views, but what about your boyfriend? If you're leading him on and then eventually marry a Pakistani in an arranged marriage, then aren't you wasting his time?

Hopefully those questions make you think about your situation in the light of logic and morality. Asking questions to randomers on the internet who have little to no life experience is completely pointless.
Original post by rbkbball
All maths mad is saying, is about treating everyone with respect whatever their religion and those who do not just because of religion are not nice people. And you are questioning that? Get a grip.

Really? Treating absolutely everyone despite their religious beliefs? I'll bear that in mind then.

Can you not see how you're contradicting yourself? The original contention being "treating everyone with respect whatever their religion". But what if a religion (say religion x) demands that you don't treat anyone at all, equally?

You're (incorrectly) accusing me about not treating people equally, but what if (hypothetically) I now say I am a follower of religion x, would you still "respect" me?
if you want advice from muslims post this on ummah.com not tsr
I don't think so as it is always posted by 'anonymous' user most likely to hide his/her previous BS threads
Listen this is the worst place to ask this question.
Many TSR users such as myself have seen a lot of threads like this:
pakistani girl+whiteboy=error (family not happy)
or
pakistani boy+whitegirl=error (family not happy)
So yes many users will think you're a troll. Dont blame them if they do.

If ur distressed go to ummah.com or some religious forum for help not TSR.
Original post by User1213
I don't think so as it is always posted by 'anonymous' user most likely to hide his/her previous BS threads

Nope. This one may be for real. Who'll know unless the person has actually PMed them? And then of course, only that perso would know.
Whatever the case, always best to give good advice and help the OP out rather than risk not helping and leaving OP to deal through ot alone -if it is true.
So yh, I'll give this the benefit of the doubt -for now.
This isnt about religion because as far as im concerned youre not fully committed to this backward religion because youve been going out with this guy for 2 years. You're not really a muslim, you're just saying you are one because your faith has been ingrained into your head. Let your religion go because it should have no bearing on your decision.

As for your backward thinking parents, i think its obvious that their reaction wouldnt be positive and embracing, so id say that you tell them in a suitable situation and if they disagree then you leave them and cut contact with your family, but first you have to decide if hes really worth that sacrifice.
Are you one of those people who don't believe in the ahadith? Because if you aren't then you need to build your hadith knowledge up first.
And if you are someone who doesn't believe then there's no point of a discussion.

Ahadith doesn't change what's in the quran verse and the fact that waidribu is used in the verse about killing ppl
Original post by Zamestaneh
You are talking from conjecture as if you have never read the Quran before (because anyone who had would know what it says) - you can make up what you like, but don't say "Allah won't do XYZ" without anything to back what you say up. The truth is you have convinced yourself of a false reality (that 'true love' is somehow exempt from what Allah has said on the matter) just to make yourself not feel guilty about having a Haram relationship. Just because you have convinced yourself that something Haram is permissible doesn't mean that it makes it right for you to present yourself as some kind evidence that marrying a non-Muslim guy is okay - it's like me saying 'I'm a Muslim and I drink alcohol so it means it's okay' - what kind of rubbish is that?

I am coming across very harshly but I do not take kindly to when the blind try to lead the blind off the edge of a cliff.

My sincerest advice to you - and for the sake of Allah I really do hope you take heed - is that you read into Islam more, because at the end of the day, I don't matter, your husband don't matter, none of us matter, as you will go to your grave alone and you alone will be held accountable for your actions, not the rest of us. This Dunya is temporary and the Akhirah is forever, so please don't put your desires over what is right. This advice is to myself to.

May Allah guide you, the OP and us all.

it's fine to marry a non Muslim and Allah has no problem with true love, nothing you say is going to change my opinion on that. don't lecture me on the dunya of akhirah you self righteous munafiq. my dunya is fine and I have no fear for the akhirah. also pretty presumptuous to say I need to read Islam more just because my interpretation isn't the same as yours.
Original post by Zamestaneh
You are talking from conjecture as if you have never read the Quran before (because anyone who had would know what it says) - you can make up what you like, but don't say "Allah won't do XYZ" without anything to back what you say up. The truth is you have convinced yourself of a false reality (that 'true love' is somehow exempt from what Allah has said on the matter) just to make yourself not feel guilty about having a Haram relationship. Just because you have convinced yourself that something Haram is permissible doesn't mean that it makes it right for you to present yourself as some kind evidence that marrying a non-Muslim guy is okay - it's like me saying 'I'm a Muslim and I drink alcohol so it means it's okay' - what kind of rubbish is that?

I am coming across very harshly but I do not take kindly to when the blind try to lead the blind off the edge of a cliff.

My sincerest advice to you - and for the sake of Allah I really do hope you take heed - is that you read into Islam more, because at the end of the day, I don't matter, your husband don't matter, none of us matter, as you will go to your grave alone and you alone will be held accountable for your actions, not the rest of us. This Dunya is temporary and the Akhirah is forever, so please don't put your desires over what is right. This advice is to myself to.

May Allah guide you, the OP and us all.

Don't think the anon you're quoting is even Muslim
Hey, Could we talk privately somehow?

Thanks for a reply! Its nice to know someone has done it and is still happily married.
Are you from a Pakistani background? How did your Muslim react initially and how are they now?

Thanks

hey sweetie x

fortunately my family isn't that strict so although they weren't over the moon to begin with, they didn't threaten to disown me or anything. and when they saw how happy we were together and how well our relationship was going they gradually got over their initial shock and they now get on quite well with my husband !

although I count myself very lucky to have a family like that because I know that most Pakistani families would never accept their daughter marrying a non muslim and would never get over it
Thank you. Genuinely don't know how I go about proving I'm not a troll.
honey you have a lot to learn about long-term relationships if you think that the most important thing about them is what both parties believe will happen to them after they die. why are you being ridiculous and mentioning alcohol bottle on the table ? even most non-muslims don't drink alcohol that often or have alcoholic drinks strewn around the house on tables and believe it or not dear, there are many muslims who drink too you know.

you know why i didnt expect my husband to convert for me ? because i love him and value his beliefs and identity and the thought of forcing him to become someone he doesnt want to be and using my love as blackmail makes me sick to the stomach. someone who would do that knows nothing of love

proof pls

erm sweetie, all muslims sin and many religious muslim i know, including members of my own family have drunk alcohol at one point or another.

again with your numbingly stupid stereotypes that non-muslims are alcoholics. honey, most non-muslims are perfectly functioning human beings who don't depend on alcohol 24/7

what your describing here is an abusive relationship full stop, nothing to do with the husband being non-muslim as you'll find just as many abusive relationships where both the husband and wife are of the same religion.

unlikely they would have ended up marrying if he didn't like or approve of her beliefs. its really offensive how your stereotyping non-muslims like this. my atheist husband has never stopped me practising islam and i have never met any non-muslim married to a muslim who does. keep your dumb generalisations to yourself.

dont be ridiculous and stop living in cuckoo land. muslim men arent saints, they are human beings and just as many of them sin as non-muslims,

@MrsSheldonCooper you make it so obvious :lol:
hey sweetie x

fortunately my family isn't that strict so although they weren't over the moon to begin with, they didn't threaten to disown me or anything. and when they saw how happy we were together and how well our relationship was going they gradually got over their initial shock and they now get on quite well with my husband !

although I count myself very lucky to have a family like that because I know that most Pakistani families would never accept their daughter marrying a non muslim and would never get over it

Ah, thats good. Happy that its worked out for you! How long did it take before they gave him a chance?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Listen this is the worst place to ask this question.
Many TSR users such as myself have seen a lot of threads like this:
pakistani girl+whiteboy=error (family not happy)
or
pakistani boy+whitegirl=error (family not happy)
So yes many users will think you're a troll. Dont blame them if they do.

If ur distressed go to ummah.com or some religious forum for help not TSR.

Fair enough

I don't want to go to these sites cause I know I'm going to be attacked by very religious people, something (unfortunately) I'm not.
I just want to talk to someone who has gone through similar
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Don't think the anon you're quoting is even Muslim

i am a muslim but I'm used to others calling me a troll/infidel/kaffir etc
No it isn't the only way. I'm a Muslim woman married to a white atheist and he didn't convert to Islam and our marriage is going brilliantly

Something about you is so unbelievable.

Finish the sentence to prove you're not a troll:

Lam ya lid wa Lam yu lad.........

Latest

Trending

Trending