How do I tell my parents? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in my 8th week at uni and hate it. I study History and find it so boring uninterested and not engaged at all. This makes it difficult to do my weekly readings and assignments. i feel like im wasting my time and effort into this subject which the career options don't interest me either. I was thinking of dropping out of uni and to reapply next year for a different course. For me to this course i would have to retake 2 a level exams and resit my maths GCSE in order to get a B in order to this. How do i tell my parents i dont want to do history anymore and want to do economics
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Why cant you tell them what you told us?
Better to have a clear plan. Go and talk to tutor and welfare adviser plus careers, then you can use them as backup to show your parents you take it seriously.

Identify everything you have to do including the leaving procedure.
Identify the exact course you wnat and be absolutely sure.

You cna still stay till end of term, but need to leave before you become liable for next terms fees. Also you have to sort out accommodation.
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I, obviously, don't know your parents but you would do best finishing out this semester and at the beginning of the holidays present a new, well thought out, prepared plan. Hopefully, they'll understand and be on board. I know a woman who was accepted to medicine and like you didn't like it and ultimately didn't relate. She ended up changing her course of study 3 times!! Every time, although her parents weren't thrilled, they supported her decision. Okay, I'll be hones they questioned her motives but ultimately did support her. She got an economics degree and is now a venture capitalist in London and very successful!! Just go in prepared with why you feel the way you do and have a clear cut plan set in place. Good Luck!
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OP what makes you think that this is anything other than home sickness and the realisation that being a HE student requires you to do some 'adulting' ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
OP what makes you think that this is anything other than home sickness and the realisation that being a HE student requires you to do some 'adulting' ?
it aint home sickness as my uni is in London and i live in London so its not too far and i visit on weekends when i need to. its not adulting its just i find the course way to full and unfulfilling if that makes sense
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
it aint home sickness as my uni is in London and i live in London so its not too far and i visit on weekends when i need to. its not adulting its just i find the course way to full and unfulfilling if that makes sense
sounds verymuch like homesickness , but if you aren't prepared to accept the advice of people with far more life experience than you ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%