Opinions needed? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why do men/women try to rub their relationship in their exs face, by this I mean showing it off? Does this mean they still have feelings towards their ex because they rub it in their face, otherwise if they didn't. They wouldn't do this. What do you think?
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely an element that they do care.... they may not want to get back together but they definitely are showing that it matters that you see how happy they are (for whatever reason). He/she may be trying to show that they are desirable to others, having a great life and have moved on....whatever. It is an insecurity move. If one's really moved on and is secure in the new relationship then he/she want even think to be splashing it in an ex's face. Well.... that's my opinion.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hopefully1)
Definitely an element that they do care.... they may not want to get back together but they definitely are showing that it matters that you see how happy they are (for whatever reason). He/she may be trying to show that they are desirable to others, having a great life and have moved on....whatever. It is an insecurity move. If one's really moved on and is secure in the new relationship then he/she want even think to be splashing it in an ex's face. Well.... that's my opinion.
I think my ex boyfriend is trying to make me jealous, well rub his relationship in my face 😕
PandaCalavera
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think there is a difference between "rubbing it in your face" and just kinda going about life as normal now they've moved on.

How do you feel he's rubbing it in your face?
If he's featuring his new partner on his social media/on the internet etc, he might well be aware that you could/will see it but that doesn't mean he's doing it to spite you.

However, if your ex is purposefully messaging you with information about his current relationship or finding other ways of making you aware of his feelings for them then I would likely cut off contact/block him on everything. If you really feel he's trying to rub it in, just remove him from your life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PandaCalavera)
I think there is a difference between "rubbing it in your face" and just kinda going about life as normal now they've moved on.

How do you feel he's rubbing it in your face?
If he's featuring his new partner on his social media/on the internet etc, he might well be aware that you could/will see it but that doesn't mean he's doing it to spite you.

However, if your ex is purposefully messaging you with information about his current relationship or finding other ways of making you aware of his feelings for them then I would likely cut off contact/block him on everything. If you really feel he's trying to rub it in, just remove him from your life.
I agree, with social media part but I keep receiving more signs about him wanting me jealous. Basically, he wants me to go to him and beg him to take me back. He uses his girlfriend to taunt me in all honestly. I just think it's gotten to a point where it's just "pathetic".
Applepiex3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Humans are truly terrible creatures. We hold grudges and settle to cause other people distress without any conscious.

You ex is deliberately doing this to show how he is in a better state than you and to make it clear he has someone else. It is to make you feel bad and think about him. Don't fall for that trick, he has moved on and now its time for you to move on too. Don't think about it too much!
PandaCalavera
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I agree, with social media part but I keep receiving more signs about him wanting me jealous. Basically, he wants me to go to him and beg him to take me back. He uses his girlfriend to taunt me in all honestly. I just think it's gotten to a point where it's just "pathetic".
I'm not saying you're wrong to feel this way, but I can't agree unless I have more specifics :P
What is he actually doing that makes you feel that he is taunting you?
PandaCalavera
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Applepiex3)
Humans are truly terrible creatures. We hold grudges and settle to cause other people distress without any conscious.

You ex is deliberately doing this to show how he is in a better state than you and to make it clear he has someone else. It is to make you feel bad and think about him. Don't fall for that trick, he has moved on and now its time for you to move on too. Don't think about it too much!
I think is also good advice, though.
Regardless of whether or not he's doing all this directly on purpose, he has evidently moved on and is happy with that if he's raving about his new relationship. I would reiterate my suggestion to block him and move on with your life
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Applepiex3)

I genuinely wish you're right, because I just want all of this to be over lol. I'm sick of it.
Anonymous #1
I think is also good advice, though.
Regardless of whether or not he's doing all this directly on purpose, he has evidently moved on and is happy with that if he's raving about his new relationship. I would reiterate my suggestion to block him and move on with your life
I don't think he's raving but hmm. He know I used to look at his twitter when we were together. I didn't check his Instagram at all, not my thing. His girlfriend put their relationship on Instagram fair enough. He then purposely put a picture of heart lockets and her initials his bio for me to see. I ignored it, I thought I was being silly. He crops his girlfriend out of his pictures, she shows more signs of clingyness I ignored that. Didn't say anything or do anything.

It's basically what someone else said, he's trying to show to me he's moved on and wants me to contact him then beg him to take me back.

I don't want him back, it just hurts me how he taunts me with his new relationships. This isn't the first time he's done it.

After a 3 year relationship, I wish he would just take the high road instead of trying to rub everything in my face lol.

I think I should just go to sleep.
PandaCalavera
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"He then purposely put a picture of heart lockets and her initials his bio for me to see"
"wants me to contact him then beg him to take me back."

Why are you assuming it's for you to see? Why do you think he wants you to do that?

I know it's likely you've got a lot of history I don't know about, so I won't be too cut and dry about what I'm suggesting, but maybe he just isn't a very good boyfriend/appears less clingy - this doesn't mean he's holding out for you, does it?

If seeing his new relationships is hurting you, stop looking at his social media. His bio on instagram isn't there for you to see unless you're checking his profile. Unfriend and block, then he'll get the picture. If he got into a new relationship for the purpose of making you jealous, it'd probably fall apart after that, but you won't need to know or care
Anonymous #1
"He then purposely put a picture of heart lockets and her initials his bio for me to see"
"wants me to contact him then beg him to take me back."

Why are you assuming it's for you to see? Why do you think he wants you to do that?

I know it's likely you've got a lot of history I don't know about, so I won't be too cut and dry about what I'm suggesting, but maybe he just isn't a very good boyfriend/appears less clingy - this doesn't mean he's holding out for you, does it?

If seeing his new relationships is hurting you, stop looking at his social media. His bio on instagram isn't there for you to see unless you're checking his profile. Unfriend and block, then he'll get the picture. If he got into a new relationship for the purpose of making you jealous, it'd probably fall apart after that, but you won't need to know or care
Because I've known him for 6 years, I was with him for those 3 years. I suppose he's changed, but it's just my gut instinct with these little signs. I've said I don't want him, I just want it to end.

Me and his sister go to the same university, she gives me weird looks whenever she sees me. Why? Ah well, girls.

I guess, not much I can do unless I speak to him about it. I'll skip that and just sleep.
PandaCalavera
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Because I've known him for 6 years, I was with him for those 3 years. I suppose he's changed, but it's just my gut instinct with these little signs. I've said I don't want him, I just want it to end.

Me and his sister go to the same university, she gives me weird looks whenever she sees me. Why? Ah well, girls.

I guess, not much I can do unless I speak to him about it. I'll skip that and just sleep.
That IS a big history so I completely understand how weird and hurtful this probably is.

It boils down to that you can't control the actions of others or will them to move on and leave you alone. I don't think talking to him will help in the slightest, it will just hurt all over again for both of you.

Have you ever seen a counsellor? I know that you don't want him back, but that doesn't mean you can't be suffering aftermath from the breakup. You seem to be quite preoccupied with what he's doing which is just torturing yourself.

Block him on everything. Ignore his sister looking at you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise