help Watch

Throwaway420
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in my 8th week at uni and hate it. I study History and find it so boring uninterested and not engaged at all. This makes it difficult to do my weekly readings and assignments. i feel like im wasting my time and effort into this subject which the career options don't interest me either. I was thinking of dropping out of uni and to reapply next year for a different course. For me to this course i would have to retake 2 a level exams and resit my maths GCSE in order to get a B in order to this. How do i tell my parents i dont want to do history anymore and want to do economics
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Throwaway420)
I'm in my 8th week at uni and hate it. I study History and find it so boring uninterested and not engaged at all. This makes it difficult to do my weekly readings and assignments. i feel like im wasting my time and effort into this subject which the career options don't interest me either. I was thinking of dropping out of uni and to reapply next year for a different course. For me to this course i would have to retake 2 a level exams and resit my maths GCSE in order to get a B in order to this. How do i tell my parents i dont want to do history anymore and want to do economics
In all honesty, I think I'd say essentially the same as what you have here - that you're really not enjoying the course, and you want to do something you'll like more. Make it clear to them that you have a plan of how to get there, and that it's not just a passing thought, it's something you definitely want to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (32)
17.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (27)
14.92%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (39)
21.55%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (66)
36.46%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (6)
3.31%
No particular grades needed (11)
6.08%