Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm wanting to find out what you guys have in your sixth forms in terms of things like a common room (and what's inside it) and study space.

At my current college, we are not allowed a kettle and a microwave due to health and safety, if possible can someone tell me why that is?!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_Taylor14)
    Hi there,

I'm wanting to find out what you guys have in your sixth forms in terms of things like a common room (and what's inside it) and study space.

At my current college, we are not allowed a kettle and a microwave due to health and safety, if possible can someone tell me why that is?!

Thanks in advance,

Matt
    That seems kind of stupid. We have a microwave. And a kettle actually. I mean they did threaten to take the microwave away if people kept microwaving skittles... But it's still there.

ReputationRep:
    We started the year off with 1 microwave and then we complained a lot and recently got the second microwave.
    But we don't have a kettle! We really want one because otherwise we have to way 20p for hot water from the vending machine, but apparently it's "health and safety" as well.
    We also have two mini fridges and a sink to wash up in.

ReputationRep:
    Lol we have tables, chairs and computers. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    We have a microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge/freezer and a water cooler. We haven't had any health and safety issues but there is a dinner lady who works in the kitchen in the common room so that might make it safe ?? I'm not really sure !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We aint even got tables nevermind kettles lol, flippin hell you lot go to some fancy private schools or something?

ReputationRep:
    We have a microwave and some kind of boiler thing with hot water in (instead of a kettle). We also have a sink and a fridge. Half of our room is tables and chairs & the other half is single chairs. Not enough for everyone at one time, or enough tables for everyone during frees, so some of us work down in the canteen

ReputationRep:
    In 6th Form we had a load of sofas, a little kitchen area with a little fridge (which always smelt of rotting milk so wasn't really used), a microwave, a kettle (which subsequently had to be replaced after someone wedged down the button and created a sort of steam room in the common room) and a hot drinks vending machine and a fish tank (this got dropped when it was attempted to be cleaned and then proceeded to slowly leak all over the floor in the following week and eventually got smashed), we also had a table football thing which you did have to pay for.
    We didn't have any computers or that in there but another 6th form only area was the library which was massive and had a computer room and 2 trolleys of laptops although it was always a fight to the death to get a laptop.

ReputationRep:
    we have a common room which is basically just loads of really long sofas or something and there's a tiny kitchen thing with a mini fridge, kettle and microwave.
    we also have a study room which has one big table in the middle of the room and a long one that goes along the 3 walls. It's basically a normal room but there are charging sockets everywhere for laptops etc.

ReputationRep:
    my sixth form college doesn't have a common room, but there are several vending machines and even a costa. By the canteen there are a wide variety of food and a hot water dispenser too which is useful for people who bring in pot noodles for lunch.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My old college had chairs, tables and table football. I don't think my current college has a common room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    my sixth form college doesn't have a common room, but there are several vending machines and even a costa. By the canteen there are a wide variety of food and a hot water dispenser too which is useful for people who bring in pot noodles for lunch.
    Your sixth form has a Costa? That's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Only thing we have is a library (with computers that you have to pre book before you can use them ) and that's it really.. Oh and on the ground floor we had a ping pong and a foosball table last year, which they took away now!!

ReputationRep:
    Loads of sofas, desk chair a and tables and an air hockey table
    Kitchen has fridge/freezer, water machine, kettle, toaster and microwave

We have 2 sixth form computer rooms and a library with laptops in. Also have iPads which you have to prebook

ReputationRep:
    my sixth form has nothing... y'all are so lucky you have things like common rooms

ReputationRep:
    2 microwaves, a vending machine , a sink and a hand dryer

ReputationRep:
    Teachers

ReputationRep:
    My 6th form has two study rooms, one large, one small, with computers and plug points, a sixth form cafeteria to buy hot and cold food, plus two vending machines, and an outside area, plus our own sixth form team of 4 staff and two bookable meeting rooms. We have our own building, but that obvi is quite new and that's why we have all these facilities. I'm assuming you wouldn't have that at other sixth forms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Your sixth form has a Costa? That's amazing.
    Yup, it's pretty cool except I don't like coffee so I don't buy anything there.

It's not as cool as the wooden window seats and soft seating stools around the college. My friends and I would always sit there during breaks, lunch and free periods

Tables, chairs, and 3 computers.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.