What's in your Sixth Form? Watch

Matt_Taylor14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I'm wanting to find out what you guys have in your sixth forms in terms of things like a common room (and what's inside it) and study space.

At my current college, we are not allowed a kettle and a microwave due to health and safety, if possible can someone tell me why that is?!

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Matt_Taylor14)
Hi there,

I'm wanting to find out what you guys have in your sixth forms in terms of things like a common room (and what's inside it) and study space.

At my current college, we are not allowed a kettle and a microwave due to health and safety, if possible can someone tell me why that is?!

Thanks in advance,

Matt
A microwave and kettle would be really nice, not sure precisely what the health and safety reasons for not having it are but it makes sense, I wouldn't want students handling boiling water to be honest.

When I went to 6th form our common room was shared with a room full of students that were 'included' (or whatever the equivalent is for other schools) so we had to be quite quiet. It had a water machine which was emptied quickly each day in the summer and some computers but that's about it.

One of my mates had a costa coffee machine in his luckyyy.
citibankrec
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Coffee machine, pool tables and a couple of old sofas
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sixth form has its own separate block, some of the block is falling to bits (the toilets are to be 100% avoided unless you're in serious trouble.)

My common room has a kettle and two microwaves, and a table tennis table. Also the little kitchen unit thing we have has a big pan drawer even though there's nothing we could use a pan on at all.

I can see potential health and safety issues with a kettle, but I don't understand why you can't have microwaves.
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Our 6th form centre is really small, we have a common room with a TV (first one was broken though because some idiots thought it was a great place to play football:rolleyes:), study centre with computers, a conference room which you can book and another room for something. We have a microwave, kettle, fridge, toaster etc. so I'm not sure about the whole health and safety thing, surely you're old enough to use them responsibly and safely whatever, but then again there's always those few people.....
Ze Witcher
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We have a couple of chairs....
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Chavs and roadmen.

We had a snooker table too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
14.05%
Excited (76)
9.62%
Worried (151)
19.11%
Terrified (182)
23.04%
Meh (51)
6.46%
Confused (22)
2.78%