Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Got my first offer last night from Manchester but admittedly I am rather obsessive about checking Track and the email took 7 hours to come in after the offer had been made!

This morning I received another email to tell me to check track - this time, the situation is reversed and there's no changes in Track... I've checked everything thoroughly and can't find any changes at all, even miniscule changes that UCAS have suggested may be the culprit.

Usually I'd ask the UCAS team for advice over Twitter but of course, they're gone until Monday.

Do UCAS ever send these emails out by accident?
    Or can Track sometimes be delayed in updating after an email has been received?

Of course, I'm aware that things could very well be different at the weekend!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't worry it is a huge complex system! i guess they just sent the email twice! And congrats! Manchester is a great uni!

ReputationRep:
    Hahah ik the feeling, sent mine off two days ago i went on track like 10 times already :P But no, it takes time too update thats all, they have thousands of students to deal with

ReputationRep:
    Takes a while sometimes, usually around 3 days if its over the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    <michael winner> calm down dear, it's only UCAS ! </michael winner>

bloody #generationsnowflake ....

without turning it in to the UCAS version of the four yorkshire men sketch ;-)

.... 20 years ago UCAS (and NMAS and the various other schemes now rolled into UCAS) was paper forms ( which were restricted stationery) and ALL the interactions were conducted by snail mail or physically handing the form to people .

you would not know about an offer until the letter from UCAS and/or the HEI in question landed on your doormat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axc5)
    Hi all!

Got my first offer last night from Manchester but admittedly I am rather obsessive about checking Track and the email took 7 hours to come in after the offer had been made!

This morning I received another email to tell me to check track - this time, the situation is reversed and there's no changes in Track... I've checked everything thoroughly and can't find any changes at all, even miniscule changes that UCAS have suggested may be the culprit.

Usually I'd ask the UCAS team for advice over Twitter but of course, they're gone until Monday.

Do UCAS ever send these emails out by accident?
    Or can Track sometimes be delayed in updating after an email has been received?

Of course, I'm aware that things could very well be different at the weekend!

Thanks
    If you've had two emails then go onto Track and click on the view all updates button just in case you've missed something? I was confused for a minute yesterday since I got two emails but I had gotten two updates when I clicked through xD

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got two emails yesterday, but only one change in Track so it was probably just an accident

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry.

The offer on Track will appear - sometimes the decisions data going from Unis to UCAS to you doesnt keep up wi the Unis auto-email system. Thats all. You have an offer - well done.

[PS. To those of you obsessively checking Track/emails every 5 minutes - Unis have until APRIL to make you an offer, and some applicants will wait that long for a decision. Also, remember that 'a decision' could be a rejection - so be careful what you wish for.]
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    <michael winner> calm down dear, it's only UCAS ! </michael winner>

bloody #generationsnowflake ....

without turning it in to the UCAS version of the four yorkshire men sketch ;-)

.... 20 years ago UCAS (and NMAS and the various other schemes now rolled into UCAS) was paper forms ( which were restricted stationery) and ALL the interactions were conducted by snail mail or physically handing the form to people .

you would not know about an offer until the letter from UCAS and/or the HEI in question landed on your doormat
    Ah bring back the good old days of UCCA

(Actually don't...)

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was confused as well, got two separate track emails (one of which was probably regarding my Manchester offer) after an offer from Manchester and was quite confused... maybe it's something to Manchester? Not too sure

ReputationRep:
    dont worry same thing happened to me and ucas track updated 6 hours later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Ah bring back the good old days of UCCA

(Actually don't...)
    i'm not that Old ! though not that young as not have cousins etc that did go to uni under that regime

but you'd have loads more choices if they did 4 +4 UCCA / PCAS , plus the courses that were outside those schemes (NMAS for nursing DipHE etc ) meaning that peopel could have applications to a dozen HEIs on the go ...

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.