Turn on thread page Beta

How old were you when you first tried smoking? watch

ReputationRep:
    u talkin bout tha herb rite.

ReputationRep:
    Tried it when I was 9. Wasn't much fun. Haven't really since apart from a few social cigars. Oh the peer pressure.

ReputationRep:
    By 'tried' - do you mean have your first puff or smoke habitually?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I was 8
    But I only took a few puffs out of curiosity (I nicked one of my dad's cigarrettes), hated it, and haven't gone near them since. I really really hate smoking, and I'm quite glad I did it because it put me off for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poop)
    Tried it when I was 9. Wasn't much fun. Haven't really since apart from a few social cigars. Oh the peer pressure.
    eryuk! cigars are hideous - i always think of cyril sneer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    pure nicotine dependence
    I mean, why do people start in the first place if they know what it can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Smoking in front of dying people, you're so considerate.
    It wasn't a general hospital

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    I don't know? When i was young we all knew that 'smoking was bad for your health' but i don't think it was as publicised as it is now.
    I wish to god i'd never tried it, though!

ReputationRep:
    Peer pressure, curiousity, (false) rumours like it can help you lose weight.

BTW, I'm really pleased to see so many people saying they've never tried it. You guys rock! Keep up the good work

ReputationRep:
    If we exclude all the asides that are peer pressure, the glamorous nature of smoking etc. I guess people smoke because there are no discernible negative effects for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Peer pressure, curiousity, (false) rumours like it can help you lose weight.

BTW, I'm really pleased to see so many people saying they've never tried it. You guys rock! Keep up the good work
    Yeah i still think a lot of it's peer pressure - there aren't many people that go "Hey, I wonder what it's like to smoke, I'll just pop to the shops and get get some cigs to try out."
    I want to see a celebrity "quit-smoking-bootcamp-style" programme on TV. I'd love to see Britney Spears and Nadia from BB in there. What could it be called?

ReputationRep:
    I started because I was depressed and messed up and thought I wouldn't live past 16 anyway, so cancer wasn't a concern then. I can't speak for people in general though...

ReputationRep:
    I've never smoked anything before, but I had a dream that I was smoking a cigarette. It had the worst taste and smell. (Yes I do smell things in my dreams.) I thought I would puke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I guess people smoke because there are no discernible negative effects for a long time.
    Apart from the fact it makes you stink something BAD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    Yeah i still think a lot of it's peer pressure - there aren't many people that go "Hey, I wonder what it's like to smoke, I'll just pop to the shops and get get some cigs to try out."
    I want to see a celebrity "quit-smoking-bootcamp-style" programme on TV. I'd love to see Britney Spears and Nadia from BB in there. What could it be called?
    I pretty much did that!
    My god Nadia trying to quite smoking :eek: It would be like a nuclear explosion!

ReputationRep:
    i'm a good girl, i am (never tried it). and i'm surprised at the amount of people who have also never tried it!

well done everybody!!

ReputationRep:
    I only smoke hubbly bubbly on occasions,my , if anyone know what it is,and no, it is not type of drugs,it's tobbaco in water with a taste like gum,apple,apricotte...etc,I've never smoked a full one,I only take puffs,my first time was when I was 13,my uncle made one and allowed me to try it,I smoke it because it's pretty tasety,if you come to it,everything is pretty dangerouse to health,chocolate,milk,meat...etc ,but I'm against cigarettes they have a disgusting taste and really bad smell,and they are waste of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I only smoke hubbly bubbly on occasions,my , if anyone know what it is,and no, it is not type of drugs,it's tobbaco in water with a taste like gum,apple,apricotte...etc,I've never smoked a full one,I only take puffs,my first time was when I was 13,my uncle made one and allowed me to try it,I smoke it because it's pretty tasety,if you come to it,everything is pretty dangerouse to health,chocolate,milk,meat...etc ,but I'm against cigarettes they have a disgusting taste and really bad smell,and they are waste of money
    I actually want to try a hubble-bubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I actually want to try a hubble-bubble.
    you would like it,really few people I knew tried it and hated it,my favourite is gum,and strewbarry yummmy**LOL**running from the shoes thrown at me**LOL*

ReputationRep:
    Nopes..never tried, nor intend to ever!...
    I had teachers in school who smoked and there was this stinky smell around them....Don't want to syink wherever I go....

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.