Turn on thread page Beta

Nice boy likes me but has me blocked on whatsapp? watch

It started a few months ago, I was on a phone call and I realise some unknown person was whatsapp calling me at midnight. After the phone call i wanted to know who it was but I couldn't see the DP and I didn't have his number saved. I then saved it and found out he was in a mutual group chat.

Now I realised who this was, couldn't help but think he must have blocked me because my friend said his Whatsapp DP is visible on her phone but not on mine. He must have been embarrassed that he was preeing my DP and accidentally his thumb hit the call button which then calls immediately.

Anyway whenever I saw him he was so quiet and sometimes tried to avoid me but now he is initiating conversations and goes out of his way to talk to me at events despite the fact that he still has me blocked on whatsapp and we never brought it up, bless him he thinks I don't know.

He is a nice guy, very softly spoken, quite geeky but has landed on a high paying job and seems interested in me but without directly mentioning saying it. How do I stir things up and get to know me better of he has blocked me ?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Missing DP doesn't necessarily mean you got blocked. If you message him, see if the message gets delivered. He's probably a very shy person and is afraid of letting you know of how he feels. The fact that he talks to you and sometimes tries to avoid you could imply that he likes you but doesn't want to tell you. Why not send him a message and ask him how his weekend is? Then you'll know for sure if you are blocked. If it does get to that, you could always talk to him the next time you see him in person and just initiate conversations with him. The key is to make him feel comfortable talking to you, so just be engaging and interested in what he has to say.

(Original post by UWS)
    Missing DP doesn't necessarily mean you got blocked. If you message him, see if the message gets delivered. He's probably a very shy person and is afraid of letting you know of how he feels. The fact that he talks to you and sometimes tries to avoid you could imply that he likes you but doesn't want to tell you. Why not send him a message and ask him how his weekend is? Then you'll know for sure if you are blocked. If it does get to that, you could always talk to him the next time you see him in person and just initiate conversations with him. The key is to make him feel comfortable talking to you, so just be engaging and interested in what he has to say.
    I'm sure I've been blocked, imagine what this shy guy must have felt when he called me at midnight ?

My friend showed me her phone and his profile pic is up but not on my phone. It does make sense why he blocked me.

I am showing interest but I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable by bringing it up because it will be totally awkward for him!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm sure I've been blocked, imagine what this shy guy must have felt when he called me at midnight ?

My friend showed me her phone and his profile pic is up but not on my phone. It does make sense why he blocked me.

I am showing interest but I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable by bringing it up because it will be totally awkward for him!
    But message him to know for sure.

Tbh, don't bring it up at all, just keep talking to him. Do you like him? If you do, then you could always ask him to hang out with you.

(Original post by UWS)

Tbh, don't bring it up at all, just keep talking to him. Do you like him? If you do, then you could always ask him to hang out with you.
    If I messaged him and it didn't get through, it will hit me hard

I don't fancy his looks, but the fact that he exhibits cuteness when he talks and is shy and quite smart in his studies makes me think why not give it ago. I am considered attractive amongst many and want to give this nice guy a chance if he is interested but can't come forward and ask me out

ReputationRep:
    You have literally being given the best advice you could be given, and you're ignoring it. It's either that or face to face asking him if you really want to know. Does he have any reason to block you?

ReputationRep:
    I swear this sub-forum gets ever weirder.

If you desire the guy then tell him, if you want to talk to him online, then tell him.

Christ, i really do question how some of you will ever mate with such a lack of initiative.

(Original post by serah.exe)
    Maybe he didn't add you and has the settings set so that only saved contacts can see profile pic/status.
    How can he contact me and not have added me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Key words in the OP. "He has landed a high paying job.."

now she wants to talk to him lmao

*****es man wow.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    I swear this sub-forum gets ever weirder.

If you desire the guy then tell him, if you want to talk to him online, then tell him.

Christ, i really do question how some of you will ever mate with such a lack of initiative.
    You haven't even read my question *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    You haven't even read my question *sigh*
    Ah.

Ask him for coffee, talk to him, offer some personal information and see if he lets you in too.

Otherwise, just ask if you can talk on Watsapp. If he's the man for you, he'll get over any embarrassment.

(Original post by trapking)

*****es man wow.
    Yes it pays off when you work hard. It's not even that, he has a nice personality too so it means that we could be compatible in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    speak to him

was that so hard, OP?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it pays off when you work hard. It's not even that, he has a nice personality too so it means that we could be compatible in the long run.
    then the simple thing to do is get off TSR and go talk to him straight.

What's with these silly behind the scenes games. Stop them.

ReputationRep:
    How can he contact me and not have added me?
    It doesn't have to be a saved contact for them to contact you. It's like texting; anyone with your number can do it.

(Original post by RachaelBee)
    It doesn't have to be a saved contact for them to contact you. It's like texting; anyone with your number can do it.
    Erm a person who calls you via whatsapp has to have your number saved inorder to appear contact on whatsapp

ReputationRep:
    Erm a person who calls you via whatsapp has to have your number saved inorder to appear contact on whatsapp
    I have plenty of people who contact me who I don't have saved as contacts, I'm assuming they got my number on drunken nights out from people who either didn't want to give their real number, or have a similar number and they inputted mine by mistake. I'm part of group chats with loads of people I don't have saved. My friend had someone messaging her about Jesus . You don't have to have them as contacts for them to still be able to contact you, which might be why you and your friend see different things, and why you should really just message him. It doesn't have to be anything heavy, just ask how his weekend is going or something.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure people can't call you when they have blocked you on whatsapp. I know, because I have blocked a bunch and I can't interact with them at all (not sure about groups, never tried that) The reason you can't see his display picture could be a few things but the main is probably this.

You can't see it because he has not saved your number in his contacts yet and his setting is 'show pics to contacts' only. This is something I have done too, so as long as I don't add a person to my contacts, they are unable to view my pic. He could've accidentally pressed on call from the group info while looking at your picture maybe or maybe he was trying to call someone else.

He sounds like a shy person though but i think he seems interested if he wants to talk and all.Good luck!

(Original post by trapking)

*****es man wow.
    Actual!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, if you don't like the looks of this guy, focus on something else, like what you like and emphasize that in your head.

That been said, if someone does not have the looks and personality, I would not go for them. Attraction is important.

As for landed a high end job - money is important as you like to know you are secure financially, my question is: are you financially secure as well? can you match this person in intelligence and hard work?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.