Turn on thread page Beta

How should I ask how to use another flat's washing machine watch

ReputationRep:
    I live in a block of flats and our washing machine has died :-( Ive lasted for 4 days without washing clothes but I have OCD and am used to washing every day. I have work on Monday charity fundraising (chugging) so I really need to be swaddled up. I have to ask the adjacent flat to use their machine but im not sure how to give such a delicate request. Can someone please give me some pointers
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atari bell)
    I I have work on Monday charity fundraising (chugging) ....but im not sure how to give such a delicate request.
    You can stand in the street and bother strangers for direct debits but cannot ask your neighbours if you can use their washmash?

ReputationRep:
    just ask them nicely. a little gift such as a cake will smooth the way ?

ReputationRep:
    "My washing machines broken, can I use yours please".

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    You can stand in the street and bother strangers for direct debits but cannot ask your neighbours if you can use their washmash?
    yea ,somewhere there's a huge manatee with a massive pile of ironying...

ReputationRep:
    Just ask them, no one is going to care about you borrowing the washing machine. If you use it a few times buy them a bottle of wine or something to say thanks.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.