Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently living in Northern Ireland and on a BA hons History pathway. I am in my first year and studying 120 credits per year with the Open University. I have recently discovered I am pregnant with the baby due at the end of June. This will not affect my studies this year as my modules will be finishing up before the baby is born. However, my partner lives and works in London and I am planning to move there with both my children at the end of July. I want to continue my course full-time. Although I have some questions about continuing my study as I'm very confused. Would I be entitled to a full-time fee loan studying 120 credits per year? Usually you start to choose your OU modules in March and can apply for student finance from May... how would my application be dealt with if I'm still registered as an NI student until the move in July? Also, what counts as income when you are applying? I am 23 and it states online that my partners income isn't included in my maintainence loan calculation until I'm 25 is this correct? Also does benefits such as child benefit, child tax credit, income related ESA (I'm in the support group) and DLA count towards my income? I will be recieving these in NI at the time of application but will no longer be recieving ESA in England and my DLA will have to be re-assessed. Would this not case some confusion? I would really appreciate some advice as this situation is causing me some concern.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    DLA isn't counted as income. Not too sure about your other questions.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi chloeskellingotn

You would usually continue to apply to the award authority you originally applied to. I would advise you to speak the Education Authority for NI to check your options for funding.

If you do change award authorities, it can take some time to be changed over. Through SFE you can apply for tuition fee loan, means tested maintenance loan and supplementary grants.

Thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.