Turn on thread page Beta

What book or character can you relate to most? watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'm sure everyone's read something at some point and thought 'wow, they sound like me'. So who was it, and what is it about them that you can relate to?

For me, it was the curious incident of the dog in the night time. More the book and the way it was written than the actual character, but it made me feel quite odd by the end of it and really think! There's other books I've found it about the characters too- they can feel so real sometimes. Films can do the same thing occasionally although I find books work better for me.

What book or character can you relate to most?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

*Lives in the middle of nowhere
    *Is scared of everything
    *Is purple
    *Jelly

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm toughie. I'm so complex...
    It's hard to choose
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

*Lives in the middle of nowhere
    *Is scared of everything
    *Is purple
    *Jelly
    This made me laugh a lot :lol: think id have to be Mr Bump...

(Original post by starfab)
    Hmmm toughie. I'm so complex...
    It's hard to choose
    What's it between? Doesn't have to be just one answer!

Alice in Wonderland?maybe.It's the only one I can think of atm
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    After talking to my sister, she said I'm like
    - Katniss Everdeen (determined, brave, doesn't like being in the spotlight etc)
    - Maximum ride (bit of tom-boy, care about family etc)
    and a bit of Tom Riddle (can get what I want, charming) (I beg to differ)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)

What's it between? Doesn't have to be just one answer!
    Okay... Hermione Granger bushy hair (of course according to the books not the movie)
    And I'm kind of a problem solver. People always come to me to make their exam timetable!

Sydney in blood lines series, her social awkwardness and how that changes overtime, being oblivious to when a guy is flirting, her loyalness and determination. She is a complete contrast to the other characters in the novels. Of course, I'm the total opposite to her with regards to her coffee addiction but i go the same way at beating addictions as she.

Heidi, loyal to everyone and I can't really remember anymore why buy she spoke to me when I was reading, if that makes sense.

Anne in famous five books. The way she's sweet and caring, and even when scared doesn't like to be left out of the fun. Her motherly character.

Argh can't think at the mo :rofl: but these are just a few that came to the top of my head.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I'm sure everyone's read something at some point and thought 'wow, they sound like me'. So who was it, and what is it about them that you can relate to?

For me, it was the curious incident of the dog in the night time. More the book and the way it was written than the actual character, but it made me feel quite odd by the end of it and really think! There's other books I've found it about the characters too- they can feel so real sometimes. Films can do the same thing occasionally although I find books work better for me.

What book or character can you relate to most?
    I really enjoyed that book It was certainly unlike anything I've read before but it was so well put together. I've just seen they are doing a show about it! Not sure I would enjoy it as much.

Going back a few years but I really loved Anita Blake (novels 1-10) from the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. She had such a great no non-sense attitude, I just really loved it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    Alice in Wonderland?maybe.It's the only one I can think of atm
    I can definitely relate to that there's far worse characters though! :moon:

(Original post by serah.exe)
    After talking to my sister, she said I'm like
    - Katniss Everdeen (determined, brave, doesn't like being in the spotlight etc)
    - Maximum ride (bit of tom-boy, care about family etc)
    and a bit of Tom Riddle (can get what I want, charming) (I beg to differ)
    Don't know what I'd think of that comment :lol: not heard of maximum ride, Katniss is alright, but Tom Riddle.. yeah

Okay... Hermione Granger bushy hair (of course according to the books not the movie)
    And I'm kind of a problem solver. People always come to me to make their exam timetable!

Sydney in blood lines series, her social awkwardness and how that changes overtime, being oblivious to when a guy is flirting, her loyalness and determination. She is a complete contrast to the other characters in the novels. Of course, I'm the total opposite to her with regards to her coffee addiction but i go the same way at beating addictions as she.

Heidi, loyal to everyone and I can't really remember anymore why buy she spoke to me when I was reading, if that makes sense.

Anne in famous five books. The way she's sweet and caring, and even when scared doesn't like to be left out of the fun. Her motherly character.

Argh can't think at the mo :rofl: but these are just a few that came to the top of my head.
    You sound a lot like me! Problem solving and determination especially, and social awkwardness. Also bushy hair... I once decided I must be secretly a lion, it's better now than a few years ago but still. All ginger and fluffy :erm:

(Original post by Gothic Kitten)
    I really enjoyed that book It was certainly unlike anything I've read before but it was so well put together. I've just seen they are doing a show about it! Not sure I would enjoy it as much.

Going back a few years but I really loved Anita Blake (novels 1-10) from the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. She had such a great no non-sense attitude, I just really loved it
    Yeah, not sure about the show either. Trying to work out how they'd do it, I think if it came to my area and the tickets were a decent price I might go but don't know. You've got me thinking about that now!

Just googled Anita Blake, not really my thing but looks quite interesting. Might have a look at them sometime!

ReputationRep:
    You sound a lot like me! Problem solving and determination especially, and social awkwardness. Also bushy hair... I once decided I must be secretly a lion, it's better now than a few years ago but still. All ginger and fluffy
    We are alike :five:
    Except you are a ginger!
    We could be unidentical twins in our personalities :grin:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We are alike :five:
    Except you are a ginger!
    We could be unidentical twins in our personalities :grin:
    Very true! Looking at your post is kind of scary tbh, most people just think I'm weird and how can someone this quiet be adventurous etc. There's two of us at least!

ReputationRep:
    Call me childish, but Dennis the Menace!

ReputationRep:
    Very true! Looking at your post is kind of scary tbh, most people just think I'm weird and how can someone this quiet be adventurous etc. There's two of us at least!
    Now this is freaky ...most people think I'm weird and wonder how I can be adventurous because I'm quiet

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger, I always related to Ellie from 'Girls Under Pressure' (Jaqueline Wilson), as silly as that sounds.

As an adult, I'm not actually sure. Although if we can include autobiographies/non-fictional characters, then Jon Richardson (see 'It's Not Me, It's You')

ReputationRep:
    I'm more like Michelangelo from TMNT than Dennis the Menace now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    When I was younger, I always related to Ellie from 'Girls Under Pressure' (Jaqueline Wilson), as silly as that sounds.

As an adult, I'm not actually sure. Although if we can include autobiographies/non-fictional characters, then Jon Richardson (see 'It's Not Me, It's You'
    Doesn't sound silly! I think there's a lot of characters in her books people can relate too- probably why she's so popular. I didn't so much with Ellie, but some of the others definitely, too an extent I probably still can now.

I've not heard of that! Not really into comedy, I normally struggle to keep up

(Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    I'm more like Michelangelo from TMNT than Dennis the Menace now
    What you you think's changed?

Now this is freaky ...most people think I'm weird and wonder how I can be adventurous because I'm quiet
    This still keeps freaking me out now :lol: never met someone that's like me even partly really

ReputationRep:
    What you you think's changed?
    I'm more determined about martial arts

ReputationRep:
    This still keeps freaking me out now :lol: never met someone that's like me even partly really
    Me tooo!! :shock: another thing we relate in

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2016
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.