Is semantic field a structure or language device?

Watch this thread
bluepearl7
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm confused on whether semantic field is a structural or language device.Someone explain please!

Thanks!
the pro
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bluepearl7)
I'm confused on whether semantic field is a structural or language device.Someone explain please!

Thanks!
Its a language device I think
bluepearl7
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by the pro)
Its a language device I think
Thanks!

What about juxtaposition? is it language, structure or both?
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

Thanks!
its a language level, so is lexis, phonology, discourse,register,grammar and pragmatics
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mariam687)
its a language level, so is lexis, phonology, discourse,register,grammar and pragmatics
That ^
Spoiler:
Show

Clever girllll
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ak143244)
That ^
Spoiler:
Show

Clever girllll

ahahah

Spoiler:
Show

why thank you
the pro
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Thanks!

What about juxtaposition? is it language, structure or both?
I think with juxtaposition you can put it into both categories but I would sway more to structure because language is more like repetition and facts and metaphors.
Sophia A
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Juxtaposition is more language I think as structure is more sentence forms and focus shifts.
(Original post by the pro)
I think with juxtaposition you can put it into both categories but I would sway more to structure because language is more like repetition and facts and metaphors.
georgiaaaaaaaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
language since juxtaposition is between two or more words or phrases that contrast one and other )
EternalHunter
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Structure as it is the placement of the contrasting themes or ideas that make the device what it is.
Sids_13
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
More structure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
28.3%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
41.51%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.77%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.66%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.55%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.32%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.89%

Watched Threads