Should I resit? Watch

WowClo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently year 13 and last year my AS results were BBBC including a B in English Language/Literature. I was the only one in my class to get above a D so everyone else is resitting. My teacher told me I had to resit as well but I don't want to as it means learning the AS and A level texts and poems all in one year and revising for all the exams again. I am really happy with my grade as I only got a B at GCSE and was predicted a D at AS. I also only need BBC to do the courses I want to do in uni as they are art courses and are based more on portfolio. I'm worried my English re sit will take time away from my other subjects including my A level English exams this year.

I told my teacher I would definitely not resit the Literature side as I got the best mark in that and it would mean having to study an additional two novels again however in class now she makes nasty remarks about me to the other students saying I am stupid to not re sit. I am too scared to tell her I don't want to resit any of the English papers.

She has forced my to resit in the past at GCSE level and I ended up getting a lower mark.

What do you think I should do?
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WowClo)
I am currently year 13 and last year my AS results were BBBC including a B in English Language/Literature. I was the only one in my class to get above a D so everyone else is resitting. My teacher told me I had to resit as well but I don't want to as it means learning the AS and A level texts and poems all in one year and revising for all the exams again. I am really happy with my grade as I only got a B at GCSE and was predicted a D at AS. I also only need BBC to do the courses I want to do in uni as they are art courses and are based more on portfolio. I'm worried my English re sit will take time away from my other subjects including my A level English exams this year.

I told my teacher I would definitely not resit the Literature side as I got the best mark in that and it would mean having to study an additional two novels again however in class now she makes nasty remarks about me to the other students saying I am stupid to not re sit. I am too scared to tell her I don't want to resit any of the English papers.

She has forced my to resit in the past at GCSE level and I ended up getting a lower mark.

What do you think I should do?
If you resit your highest mark should count - so the lower mark you got at GCSE should not have affected your grade.

If she is making remarks like this, I would have a word with the head of sixth form or the head of English. This is really not appropriate!

You are right to be pleased with a B - this is a good grade! You shouldn't have to resit if you don't want to.
WowClo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I did keep my higher grade at gcse, just annoying how it was a waste of time. Also she is the head of English. I have told my head of sixth form and she said to 'wait and see' but I don't know what I'm waiting for tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads