What are the best revision books to buy for 9-1 GCSE science? Watch

streetdude28
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Your thoughts on book/books you suggest will also be helpful - thanks.
Firdowsy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i bought the AQA GCSE Biology/physics/chemistry Student Book (Third Edition) since they are the ones we're using in class...its quite expensive though
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firdowsy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)
What exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
aqa
username2915126
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a complete GCSE standard physics book which I am not longer using as I started A levels this year. I used it and it got me an A when I predicted myself a B, it's about an inch thick and very comprehensive.

I have have two revision books for core and additional science, these are less comprehensive and don't cover the whole course.

I'd be happy to sell either or all of them two you very cheaply (over eBay so we're both protected from fraud).
Last edited by username2915126; 1 year ago
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Firdowsy)
aqa
AQA really ****** their biology paper last year!
Firdowsy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sunshine774)
AQA really ****** their biology paper last year!
hahah truuue looll
sunshine774
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hahah truuue looll
Ha ha lol yeah I sat that paper and looking back it's actually really funny, but at the time everybody was furious! It's funny how it was on the news and trending on twitter at the time! Are you doing GCSE's this year then?
Firdowsy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ha ha lol yeah I sat that paper and looking back it's actually really funny, but at the time everybody was furious! It's funny how it was on the news and trending on twitter at the time! Are you doing GCSE's this year then?
im doing it in 2018...i think we're the first year trying out the new spec... :0
Last edited by Firdowsy; 1 year ago
M5 Ghost
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by streetdude28)
Check on your exam board website and find your specification. Sometimes they give examples of what books are suitable.
Firdowsy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im doing it in 2018...i think we're the first year trying out the new spec... :0
streetdude28
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)
What exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA
streetdude28
Rep:
?
(Original post by Illimitable)
Check on your exam board website and find your specification. Sometimes they give examples of what books are suitable.
Thanks for your advice, actually, everyone thank-you for your advice.
streetdude28
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ivo Long)
I have a complete GCSE standard physics book which I am not longer using as I started A levels this year. I used it and it got me an A when I predicted myself a B, it's about an inch thick and very comprehensive.

I have have two revision books for core and additional science, these are less comprehensive and don't cover the whole course.

I'd be happy to sell either or all of them two you very cheaply (over eBay so we're both protected from fraud).
Thanks, I'll consider it, you'll have my answer for Monday either way your offer is greatly appreciated.
M5 Ghost
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for your advice, actually, everyone thank-you for your advice.
Welcome.
sunshine774
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just pray AQA don't screw up your papers with the new spec! Best of luck!x
Firdowsy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just pray AQA don't screw up your papers with the new spec! Best of luck!x
haha thank youuu! x
Qinge
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did old spec GCSE on letter grades, but I find that CGP books are really good, both for GCSE and A Level. They cut out a lot of nonsense normal textbooks have, they just give you the key points you need; laid out in a coherent manner. They're also fairly cheap, for my GCSE ones I paid about 6 quid per book, and most book shops do deals on them if you buy several.
Dr.78yos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For AQA, we use Oxford's Biology, Chemistry and Physics Student Books (Third Edition) in class.

They are really useful and extremely detailed. In fact, Oxford are going to release revision guides in March which shorten the pages in the student book down into really helpful notes.
You can have a look inside these here...

AQA Biology (Third Edition): http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/textbook...ORD-SAMPLE.PDF

AQA Chemistry (Third Edition): http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/textbook...ORD-SAMPLE.PDF

AQA Physics (Third Edition): http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/textbook...ORD-SAMPLE.PDF

AQA Biology Revision Guide (Coming Soon): http://fdslive.oup.com/www.oup.com/o....pdf?region=uk

AQA Chemistry Revision Guide (Coming Soon): http://fdslive.oup.com/www.oup.com/o....pdf?region=uk

You cannot yet preview the AQA Physics Revision Guide but here it is anyway:

AQA Physics Revision Guide (Coming Soon): https://global.oup.com/education/pro...395/?region=uk
Mo H
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The CGP textbooks are good. I'm not talking about the revision guides btw, although they are good, but really I would recommend the actual CGP textbooks.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (497)
91.19%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.81%

Watched Threads