Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Recently ive been worrying for no reason. I end up making a problem out of nothing and just worrying. What can i do to stop this feeling? And please dont say try not to worry because it is easier said than done
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Il971)
    Hey guys

Recently ive been worrying for no reason. I end up making a problem out of nothing and just worrying. What can i do to stop this feeling? And please dont say try not to worry because it is easier said than done
    Do you have any hobbies to distract yourself with? Sometimes I'll just get an early night, or I might watch a TV show I'm really into, or do some baking or something. Anything you have to think about and concentrate on can make a good distraction
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Il971)
    Hey guys

Can you think of any reason you might be stressed at the moment? Often if there is something causing you stress your brain will find loads of other things to worry about.

You might like to check out mind.org or sane.org for info on anxiety. Although it may be angled at people with a diagnosable condition, the advice is good for tempory anxiety too. You could also consider counselling or even seeing a doctor if it is particularly bothersome or goes on for a long time and doesn't seem to be improving. Bouts of anxiety are common and getting some support near the start can help to nip it in the bud before it becomes a bigger issue- anxiety tends to add to itself and grow.

For now though, try to relax as much as possible and if you know of anything causing you stress try to resolve it. Long baths, exercise, getting good sleep, eating well and doing things you enjoy are common ways to help anxious feelings.
    If you do find yourself worrying over something silly just remind yourself that it's because you are stressed and you are not going crazy or something then try to distract yourself by moving on to something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Il971)
    Hey guys

I feel same.. stress is usually side effect of supressed anger and bad feelings..

ReputationRep:
    I found keeping a worry diary useful.
    So allocate a time before bed and daily for 10/15 minutes just write down anything and everything that worries you and stresses you. Whether big or small, or even nothing write it down. Some days I've even written... 'i feel worried but don't know what about '
    This is your allocated time to worry and then focus on other things. If you begin to worry in the day, take consolation that you will be writing it down later etc. I don't know why it helped but it did.

Keeping busy...take up hobbies,meet people etc

Have a healthy diet and exercise during the day.. helps for some reason

Meditate

Scented candles and bath times ... sorry I'm just giving you personal things that seemed to help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Il971)
    Hey guys

It's so funny how I have the same problem. There is something that I feel that I can not live with myself anymore. And I have almost perfect life, when you think about it. I have good job, I have friends etc, my health it's perfect! But still I feel big hole and i am not happy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.