This discussion is closed.
flatcaps
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
How are you guys choosing what subject to do for 2005 (or any other year for that matter) -- I'm finding it really difficult.

I've been through a maths phase, physics and computer science too!!
(or Nat. Sci)

Give me your experiences!

Thanks
apple_smile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well when I was picking, I was gonna do mental health nursing, then I thought naah I wanna do Criminology, and then I thought naaah again and wanted to do Social work.
I actually ended up applying for criminology, and social work degrees. And then I picked social work as me firm and insurance choice.... and now im thinking I actually want to do Criminology.

Its not easy, but remember youve got 6 choices, you can pick 6 completely different courses if you want (tho that will make your ps a ***** to write!!)

Research into everything youd be interested in, everything from what exactly is taught on the corse through to what job youd realisticly be able to get after and the uni itsef. Basic stuff but so many people dont actualy look into these things!!
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pick a degree that combines elements of all three...that's what I did. I knew I'd get bored if I was just stuck on one subject for three years.
Chris_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I was applying I went from wanting to study engineering to law to physiotherapy to biology and ended up studying computer science, which I love. You'll pick the right one in the end
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was always interested in psychology, did it for A level and loved it, and i've always been good at maths- so i applied for a joint maths/psychology

lou xxx
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was torn between studying for a Multimedia degree or doing a straight Computer Science degree. Whilst the Multimedia option looked more interesting and fun, I decided to go for straight Comp Sci as it would give me a better grounding in computing and therefore more options when I graduate.
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by flatcaps)
How are you guys choosing what subject to do for 2005 (or any other year for that matter) -- I'm finding it really difficult.

I've been through a maths phase, physics and computer science too!!
(or Nat. Sci)

Give me your experiences!

Thanks
i changed my mind what i wanted to do every week for about a year - medicine, dentistry, physio, biochemistry...in the end i stopped thinking about a career and thought about what i liked doing. then i found the human sciences course at sussex which is a really broad course covering loads of areas i'm interested in. i figured it was best to take a course i was interested in and enjoyed than something more specific and get bored...this course is so broad it's 4 years! i feel really happy with this decision - i'm also taking a year out to work so not only will i have that bit of money to help cover the extra year's fees but i'll have something on my CV when i come out and won't be completely lost!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (264)
46.56%
Take exams next summer (78)
13.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (121)
21.34%
Apply to uni next year instead (60)
10.58%
I'm not applying to university (44)
7.76%

Watched Threads