Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys choosing what subject to do for 2005 (or any other year for that matter) -- I'm finding it really difficult.

I've been through a maths phase, physics and computer science too!!
    (or Nat. Sci)

Give me your experiences!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well when I was picking, I was gonna do mental health nursing, then I thought naah I wanna do Criminology, and then I thought naaah again and wanted to do Social work.
    I actually ended up applying for criminology, and social work degrees. And then I picked social work as me firm and insurance choice.... and now im thinking I actually want to do Criminology.

Its not easy, but remember youve got 6 choices, you can pick 6 completely different courses if you want (tho that will make your ps a ***** to write!!)

Research into everything youd be interested in, everything from what exactly is taught on the corse through to what job youd realisticly be able to get after and the uni itsef. Basic stuff but so many people dont actualy look into these things!!

ReputationRep:
    Pick a degree that combines elements of all three...that's what I did. I knew I'd get bored if I was just stuck on one subject for three years.

ReputationRep:
    When I was applying I went from wanting to study engineering to law to physiotherapy to biology and ended up studying computer science, which I love. You'll pick the right one in the end

ReputationRep:
    i was always interested in psychology, did it for A level and loved it, and i've always been good at maths- so i applied for a joint maths/psychology

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I was torn between studying for a Multimedia degree or doing a straight Computer Science degree. Whilst the Multimedia option looked more interesting and fun, I decided to go for straight Comp Sci as it would give me a better grounding in computing and therefore more options when I graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flatcaps)
    How are you guys choosing what subject to do for 2005 (or any other year for that matter) -- I'm finding it really difficult.

I've been through a maths phase, physics and computer science too!!
    (or Nat. Sci)

Give me your experiences!

Thanks
    i changed my mind what i wanted to do every week for about a year - medicine, dentistry, physio, biochemistry...in the end i stopped thinking about a career and thought about what i liked doing. then i found the human sciences course at sussex which is a really broad course covering loads of areas i'm interested in. i figured it was best to take a course i was interested in and enjoyed than something more specific and get bored...this course is so broad it's 4 years! i feel really happy with this decision - i'm also taking a year out to work so not only will i have that bit of money to help cover the extra year's fees but i'll have something on my CV when i come out and won't be completely lost!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.