Turn on thread page Beta

For the first time I felt something for a few seconds watch

I am 18 and as long as I can remember I didn't really feel anything. But yesterday night I felt something for the first time. I was just sitting and thinking what when I grow up. I will have to deal with so much stuff. That's when it came. Fear and concern.It was only for some 2 seconds then it stopped. I don't know what to think of this. Positively? since I have felt something. Or negatively? because those were negative emotions
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 18 and as long as I can remember I didn't really feel anything. But yesterday night I felt something for the first time. I was just sitting and thinking what when I grow up. I will have to deal with so much stuff. That's when it came. Fear and concern.It was only for some 2 seconds then it stopped. I don't know what to think of this. Positively? since I have felt something. Or negatively? because those were negative emotions
    Hey. I guess you're pretty confused. I would be too. Maybe therapy could help. The whole not feeling thing sounds pretty rough and can be a sign of mh issues like depression (you can look stuff like that up on mind.org btw). Therapy could help you to understand why you're not feeling, how you should see this recent change and also help you work on improving it.
    You can talk to your doctor about it

Personally i'd think it's a bit of a mixed thing. On the one hand it means you can feel still and could mean that you might start to feel other things (hopefully positive this time) soon. On the other it was a bad feeling so the event itself wasn't a good thing. Everybody worries about the future though so it's not like it's a totally unuaual or terrible thing to be feeling.

(Original post by Kindred)
    Hey. I guess you're pretty confused. I would be too. Maybe therapy could help. The whole not feeling thing sounds pretty rough and can be a sign of mh issues like depression (you can look stuff like that up on mind.org btw). Therapy could help you to understand why you're not feeling, how you should see this recent change and also help you work on improving it.
    You can talk to your doctor about it

Personally i'd think it's a bit of a mixed thing. On the one hand it means you can feel still and could mean that you might start to feel other things (hopefully positive this time) soon. On the other it was a bad feeling so the event itself wasn't a good thing. Everybody worries about the future though so it's not like it's a totally unuaual or terrible thing to be feeling.
    Thank you, means a lot. I did mention this to my gp and just told me to visit living life to the full website, it didn't really help
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you, means a lot. I did mention this to my gp and just told me to visit living life to the full website, it didn't really help

Have you considered counselling? You can usually access fre counselling through school/ college/ uni. You could also go back to your GP and tell them that it hasn't helped. That tends to be a first reaction from doctors since they can't really judge how serious it is. If it hasn't helped you can always go back, just as you would if a treatment they gave you for something physical didn't help. If you have any specific concerns or goals tell them and write down everything you want to talk about so you don't forget anything. Be really honest about how you feel and what you are experiencning. Only you know what it's like so you need to try your best to give them a good picture of it. You may find booking a double appointment helps to give you more time to discuss it.

Sites like mind.org and sane.org also offer some good info and advice and also have support lines you could call.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.