The Student Room Group

asian studies and comparative literature?

I'm considering this as a choice for when i go to uni as i have always loved and enjoyed asian culture and im pretty good at english literature.
It says on the website that you become competent in a asian language, so i was wondering, can i choose to learn Korean as i would like to learn that as a language other than Japanese or Mandarin.

Also, has anyone been on this course or something similar and what is your experience? thank you
Some universities offer Korean, but I can't say whether the university you're talking about does or not because you haven't said what one it is.
Reply 2
I'm thinking of the university of kent :smile:
Original post by MaomiMix
I'm thinking of the university of kent :smile:

Kent does not offer Korean, no.
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
Kent does not offer Korean, no.

Ok thanks
I'm considering this as a choice for when i go to uni as i have always loved and enjoyed asian culture and im pretty good at english literature.
It says on the website that you become competent in a asian language, so i was wondering, can i choose to learn Korean as i would like to learn that as a language other than Japanese or Mandarin.

Also, has anyone been on this course or something similar and what is your experience? thank you

The University of Sheffield offers a very language intensive course in Korean studies-you will end up with a TOPIK level 6 ability in Korean by the end of the degree, as well as an enviable understanding of the history, politics, economy and social issues of the East Asia region :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by super_kawaii
The University of Sheffield offers a very language intensive course in Korean studies-you will end up with a TOPIK level 6 ability in Korean by the end of the degree, as well as an enviable understanding of the history, politics, economy and social issues of the East Asia region :smile:

Oh ok thanks for letting me know have you taken this course? Im debating whenever to do something along those lines or a combined honours degree but does not cover korea.
Oh ok thanks for letting me know have you taken this course? Im debating whenever to do something along those lines or a combined honours degree but does not cover korea.

I didn't do Korean studies, but I did do a course within the same department at Sheffield :smile:

Also, with any language, you have to spend a year abroad, with Korean studies at Sheffield, this will be during your 2nd year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im in the same boat and was wondering what u ended up doing? Ive been looked at english literature with korean in UCLAN but they dont have entry requirements. What universities do korean and literature. Its a weird good but im good at languages and literature and love studying them. Thank u!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending