Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied/or is about to apply with a non UK degree? I am originally from England but did my degree in the US, and I'm unsure how to put in the credits information on the application page as they do modules and credits a bit differently. Any help would be so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    As long as your degree is an honours degree and that it has relevance in the subject that you are teaching I think that you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    if your degree is from overseas, you have to present an equivalency certificate from the NARIC to state that your degree is equivalent to the UK honour degree. Mine is stating that my degree is equivalent to the UK standard degree (Bachelor Degree) and my application have been rejected from various providers, as it has to be an honour to some of them.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just curious, are you applying as an international non-EU student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunnies)
    Hi, just curious, are you applying as an international non-EU student?
    No I'm not, should I be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E_A_83)
    if your degree is from overseas, you have to present an equivalency certificate from the NARIC to state that your degree is equivalent to the UK honour degree. Mine is stating that my degree is equivalent to the UK standard degree (Bachelor Degree) and my application have been rejected from various providers, as it has to be an honour to some of them.
    My NARIC also says my degree is equivalent to a British Bachelor Degree, which providers have rejected your application because of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vb23)
    My NARIC also says my degree is equivalent to a British Bachelor Degree, which providers have rejected your application because of this?
    I believe the vast majority of providers in partnership with the universities will require an honour degree, however, SCITTs normally have their own requirements and some of them will be willing to accept the standard (Bachelor) degree. I have been rejected from Learners First (accredited by the University of Huddersfield) and Sheffield Hallam University.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.