vb23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone applied/or is about to apply with a non UK degree? I am originally from England but did my degree in the US, and I'm unsure how to put in the credits information on the application page as they do modules and credits a bit differently. Any help would be so helpful!
nottreece
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As long as your degree is an honours degree and that it has relevance in the subject that you are teaching I think that you should be fine.
E_A_83
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if your degree is from overseas, you have to present an equivalency certificate from the NARIC to state that your degree is equivalent to the UK honour degree. Mine is stating that my degree is equivalent to the UK standard degree (Bachelor Degree) and my application have been rejected from various providers, as it has to be an honour to some of them.
bunnies
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, just curious, are you applying as an international non-EU student?
vb23
Rep:
?
(Original post by bunnies)
Hi, just curious, are you applying as an international non-EU student?
No I'm not, should I be?
vb23
Rep:
?
(Original post by E_A_83)
if your degree is from overseas, you have to present an equivalency certificate from the NARIC to state that your degree is equivalent to the UK honour degree. Mine is stating that my degree is equivalent to the UK standard degree (Bachelor Degree) and my application have been rejected from various providers, as it has to be an honour to some of them.
My NARIC also says my degree is equivalent to a British Bachelor Degree, which providers have rejected your application because of this?
E_A_83
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vb23)
My NARIC also says my degree is equivalent to a British Bachelor Degree, which providers have rejected your application because of this?
I believe the vast majority of providers in partnership with the universities will require an honour degree, however, SCITTs normally have their own requirements and some of them will be willing to accept the standard (Bachelor) degree. I have been rejected from Learners First (accredited by the University of Huddersfield) and Sheffield Hallam University.
anum86
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Can u please tell then h what u did dor acceptance into pgce course.UK NARIC also equivalise my degree to british ordinary bachelor.i want to be a teacher.now what to do
Get into Teaching
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anum86)
Can u please tell then h what u did dor acceptance into pgce course.UK NARIC also equivalise my degree to british ordinary bachelor.i want to be a teacher.now what to do
Hi anum86

If you have had the equivalent checks from NARIC and have the certificate to prove it's ok, then you can start to look at training providers, but my main advice would be to get in touch with 'Get Into Teaching' and speak to an advisor, which are all experienced teachers and they will help you with the process and also gain some classroom experience. This is very important to have when applying and will also help you see the day to day of teaching and observe good/outstanding lessons, which you can then use/adapt in the future if you are accepted onto teacher training courses.

Call us on 0800 389 2500 to find out more.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
73.33%
No (4)
13.33%
Not sure (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads