Turn on thread page Beta

Which stadiums have the best/worst atmospheres? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Not as bad as that they don't.

The problem is that when the North stand was built for the Euros, whoever designed it didn't think ahead in terms of future expansion on the other stands and had the North stand roof slope down really badly to fit in with the east and west stands, so what you have is a roof that is so ridiculously sloped on three sides of the pitch you can see nothing but the pitch in large areas of the ground.

It's an awful stadium.
    Old Trafford technically has no restricted views in terms of the fact that you can see every square inch of the football field from all 74,994 seats in the stadium. You just can’t see much beyond that from North stand tiers 2/3 and the upper 15 rows of Stretford/Scoreboard end tier 2

The ground is a litany of design flaws though.

•Only football ground I’ve ever seen that puts its home disabled fans directly in front in the away end (which when we play Liverpool turns into a shower of shite for wheelchair supporters ... quite literally)

•The roof completely misses the first few rows of tier 1 in both end stands so it it rains you get absolutely soaked

•If you’re over 5’10” you can’t actually sit down in the quadrants without the person in front wearing your knees as earmuffs, but will be repeatedly asked to do so anyway!

•You can shortcut over the bridge to the Stretford End, except when you can’t because the teams are arriving and nobody thinks to tell you.

•The ticket office is behind ALL of the entrances leading to awful crowd flow on United Road

•The official singing section and the unofficial singing section are so far apart they can very rarely actually hear each other!

•Both scoreboards are invisible in NT3

Its takes an unprecedented lack of thought to design a stadium with so many issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)

So which stadiums do you believe have the best and worst atmospheres?
    I am a bit late to reply but the best is the Stadio San Paolo and the worst is a toss up between Old Trafford/Emirates and the Eithad.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by thatapanydude)
    I am a bit late to reply but the best is the Stadio San Paolo and the worst is a toss up between Old Trafford/Emirates and the Eithad.
    I've now been the Emirates and OT and I'd absolutely agree with you, all the noise comes from the away fans

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.