Turn on thread page Beta

Could this girl be interested in me and should I ask her out? watch

So I met this girl at a society a month or so ago. We talked a bit every week like you tend to do at events. Then last week there was another separate event screening a movie on in town that I know she'd be interested in since we talked about that before and I know she's into that stuff. I asked her over facebook to go with me and she said no because she had already seen it which was fine because I had no interest in an actual date or anything at this point - I just wanted to go with someone cause it's pretty uncommon and not all my friends would be interested. I posted about it on fb and she liked it so she obviously knew I had seen it. Then at the next society event she spoke to me about asking how I liked it which is fine and normal to do but the reason I am asking this question is because of this - last night at 1am of all times she randomly messaged me with a link to one of these movies saying "thought you might like this too" I'm confused because she's just a random girl I spoke to a few times and even though we do have things in common it's not like we're close friends that share things like that. Why would she "think of me" and 1am by showing something I would like? It's not like she gains anything, and obviously we're not friends so she's not being nice helping a friend out. Unless she really is just a very nice person who does think of near strangers at 1am but other than that could she potentially be interested in me? I wasn't interested in her until she said that because I guess it occurred to me that this girl may like me, and I'm single and we have common interests so now I want to see if it could go anywhere. I don't want her to think I'm a persistent desperate person because I already technically asked her out before (even though I myself wasn't intending on that being a date) and if I ask her again I feel like she'll think "oh this guy is annoying and desperate". Do you guys think this girl has shown any interest in me or could she be interested in me and should I ask her out next time I see her? (For some reason I can't make paragraphs so I apologise)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met this girl at a society a month or so ago. We talked a bit every week like you tend to do at events. Then last week there was another separate event screening a movie on in town that I know she'd be interested in since we talked about that before and I know she's into that stuff. I asked her over facebook to go with me and she said no because she had already seen it which was fine because I had no interest in an actual date or anything at this point - I just wanted to go with someone cause it's pretty uncommon and not all my friends would be interested. I posted about it on fb and she liked it so she obviously knew I had seen it. Then at the next society event she spoke to me about asking how I liked it which is fine and normal to do but the reason I am asking this question is because of this - last night at 1am of all times she randomly messaged me with a link to one of these movies saying "thought you might like this too" I'm confused because she's just a random girl I spoke to a few times and even though we do have things in common it's not like we're close friends that share things like that. Why would she "think of me" and 1am by showing something I would like? It's not like she gains anything, and obviously we're not friends so she's not being nice helping a friend out. Unless she really is just a very nice person who does think of near strangers at 1am but other than that could she potentially be interested in me? I wasn't interested in her until she said that because I guess it occurred to me that this girl may like me, and I'm single and we have common interests so now I want to see if it could go anywhere. I don't want her to think I'm a persistent desperate person because I already technically asked her out before (even though I myself wasn't intending on that being a date) and if I ask her again I feel like she'll think "oh this guy is annoying and desperate". Do you guys think this girl has shown any interest in me or could she be interested in me and should I ask her out next time I see her? (For some reason I can't make paragraphs so I apologise)
    I can't be bothered to read the whole thing but here's your answers:
    Possibly and yes. You'll never know unless you try for it buddy

Idk tbh. She could have just been up at 1 and found a link that she thought she might share with you bc you both seem to bond over that. But she could also be interested in you.
    Maybe get to know her a bit more first. Talk to her more in your society or online to find out for yourself.
    You can totally ask her out again though. Don't worry about seeming desperate bc if she likes you then she will be flattered, and if she doesn't that's fine.

Idk tbh. She could have just been up at 1 and found a link that she thought she might share with you bc you both seem to bond over that. But she could also be interested in you.
    Maybe get to know her a bit more first. Talk to her more in your society or online to find out for yourself.
    You can totally ask her out again though. Don't worry about seeming desperate bc if she likes you then she will be flattered, and if she doesn't that's fine.
    Ah that sounds alright. I think I may just ask her out again next event. Would she say yes though considering she said no the first time when I wasn't even interested in dating? And would next event be a good time to ask her out? I know I like her and her interests enough that I'd want to take it further but maybe she would want to know more about me first? Although that's what the date is for...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.