80.00%
    Loughborough
    40.00%
    Exeter
    60.00%
    Lancaster
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    I know it's been frequently asked in the forum, and that there's many threads with general comparisons between Universities, but all of them are pretty old and I would like to read current opinions about all these if possible. Thank you for your comprehension.

I'm a 12th grade student from Spain, and I would like to pursue my bachelor's degree in the UK - Business/Management. As you might guess, I am biased by the international 'general opinion' of these Universities and rankings, so I would love to hear first-hand experiences and the realistic perception that you, students in the UK, have about this Universities, concretely about their BBAs/BScMs.

Except for the LSE, I accomplish all the requirements needed for the Top 10 Universities by The Complete University Guide's Ranking (Business/Management).

I would like to apply to Bath because of their great faculty and super high student's satisfaction. But what about the rest?

I've heard that St. Andrews is great -although really competitive and demanded- and Warwick as well - but that the campus is not that good. I've read that Durham has a great faculty, but that it's not recognized internationally as much as the ones mentioned before. On the other hand, also very demanded -but with a worse faculty?- King's College and University College - both in London, which is my favorite city in the world and would be fond to stay there. Finally, maybe more accessible - Loughborough, Exeter and Lancaster.

I'll definitely use one slot for Bath, and should maybe try my luck in St. Andrews -or isn't it worth it?-, and Warwick as well.

But what about Durham? Is it less recognized than KCL/UCL? International recognition is important for me, in case I come back to Spain after studying - unlikely. I'd choose them because of their location, but I prefer a better faculty than a better location/campus. What can you tell me about Loughborough, Exeter and Lancaster? Which universities should I choose for those 2 -or 3- slots?

Between KCL/UCL? And between Loughborough, Exeter and Lancaster?

Again, thank you very much for your time, and have a wonderful weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

First of all, I'll say that you can't go wrong with any of the universities you listed. You seem set on Bath, so go and apply there - it's a great uni. As for the others, it really depends on what you're looking for as they are all very different. Durham has a college system. Warwick is a campus uni. St Andrews even though very nice and basically free for EU applicants is in the middle of nowhere. Have you been to London? It's not a city for everyone, even though I personally love it (it's like 10 times more hectic than Barcelona). Also, it would be really helpful if you posted your predicted grades for your Spanish Baccalaureate...
    Anyway if I were you, I would apply to the following:
    1. Bath
    2. Warwick (great business school, the campus is pretty modern - not that bad as you might think)
    3. UCL (better than KCL, nicer, more opportunities)
    4. KCL/Durham/St Andrews (depends on your preferences)
    5. Safe choice - I'd suggest Exeter (probably the best out of the ones you listed).

Hope it helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madla Spadla)
    Hi!

First of all, I'll say that you can't go wrong with any of the universities you listed. You seem set on Bath, so go and apply there - it's a great uni. As for the others, it really depends on what you're looking for as they are all very different. Durham has a college system. Warwick is a campus uni. St Andrews even though very nice and basically free for EU applicants is in the middle of nowhere. Have you been to London? It's not a city for everyone, even though I personally love it (it's like 10 times more hectic than Barcelona). Also, it would be really helpful if you posted your predicted grades for your Spanish Baccalaureate...
    Anyway if I were you, I would apply to the following:
    1. Bath
    2. Warwick (great business school, the campus is pretty modern - not that bad as you might think)
    3. UCL (better than KCL, nicer, more opportunities)
    4. KCL/Durham/St Andrews (depends on your preferences)
    5. Safe choice - I'd suggest Exeter (probably the best out of the ones you listed).

Hope it helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Madla!

Thanks a lot for your fast reply and your wonderful advice!

I will definitely apply to Bath, Warwick and UCL then I had the chance to live in London for 7 weeks, and absolutely loved it! It might be that I am too used to Barcelona :P I love the stressful fog of that grey place - it might sound bizarre for all those dying for the Spanish sun.

Regarding my Baccalaureate grades, I have a 9.8 on my 10th grade, 9.3 on my 11th, and will hopefully keep them over the 9 this last year - all of them out of 10. I'm looking forward to getting over a 11.5-12 over 14 at least in the final PAU mark.

Again, thank you very much for your help!

ReputationRep:
    No problem at all! Glad I could be helpful

Yeah, you are right - London is amazing! I don't understand how someone can think otherwise Based on that, I assume you'll choose KCL as your fourth choice, right? (I'm applying there too - not relevant though...)

Anyway, with your grades I believe you'll get into some of the (if not all) universities you listed.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madla Spadla)
    No problem at all! Glad I could be helpful

Yeah, you are right - London is amazing! I don't understand how someone can think otherwise Based on that, I assume you'll choose KCL as your fourth choice, right? (I'm applying there too - not relevant though...)

Anyway, with your grades I believe you'll get into some of the (if not all) universities you listed.
    Good luck!
    Definitely!

I'll probably choose KCL, or maybe St Andrews.

That'd be great! I wish you good luck as well!

ReputationRep:
    Would love to hear some more opinions!

Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.