Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I mean there is so much information on the internet and looking at book prices even the used ones seem quite expensive for what they are.Furthermore you keep have to buy more to learn more.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's so much information on the internet I'm just not going to bother buying and reading fiction anymore.

........?

ReputationRep:
    100% worth it and you can get good prices pre used books on Amazon

ReputationRep:
    It's an incentive to read, at least for me.

I've got a Kindle and it's the best purchase I've made. Books are much cheaper than getting it paperback and it's much more convenient.

ReputationRep:
    I think some are, but some prices are so ridiculously hard to justify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Yeah there's so much information on the internet I'm just not going to bother buying and reading fiction anymore.

........?
    i meant books about information not novels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    100% worth it and you can get good prices pre used books on Amazon
    I bought so many books to explain things analysis of english lit and i think they are absolute rubbish compared to the things i can get on the intenret for the price of 0
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i dont buy non fiction books, thats what internet is for. i buy fictional ones, ones that has great story. i collect novels, i buy them on amazon cheaper so theyre worth it.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Books are a reliable source of information, much of which is not available on the internet. A lot of info on the internet is junk,
    The proof will be in your exam results.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on the books
    if it something like a book for my business then I'll buy it secondhand or if it a book i can get signed then I'll buy it

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about the price, try charity shops. I used to manage a St Giles Bookshop and found some gems in there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I mean there is so much information on the internet and looking at book prices even the used ones seem quite expensive for what they are.Furthermore you keep have to buy more to learn more.
    Are you talking about books as teaching material for schools and universities?

In general, books with a telling story - novels - are worth the money, if they are good written. It goes the same for professional ones and magazines. There are informations in those books and magazines which were not published in the internet, so I have to pay them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.