Are books worth the money? Watch

Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I mean there is so much information on the internet and looking at book prices even the used ones seem quite expensive for what they are.Furthermore you keep have to buy more to learn more.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah there's so much information on the internet I'm just not going to bother buying and reading fiction anymore.

........?
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
100% worth it and you can get good prices pre used books on Amazon
username2080673
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's an incentive to read, at least for me.

I've got a Kindle and it's the best purchase I've made. Books are much cheaper than getting it paperback and it's much more convenient.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think some are, but some prices are so ridiculously hard to justify.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Yeah there's so much information on the internet I'm just not going to bother buying and reading fiction anymore.

........?
i meant books about information not novels.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
100% worth it and you can get good prices pre used books on Amazon
I bought so many books to explain things analysis of english lit and i think they are absolute rubbish compared to the things i can get on the intenret for the price of 0
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i dont buy non fiction books, thats what internet is for. i buy fictional ones, ones that has great story. i collect novels, i buy them on amazon cheaper so theyre worth it.
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Books are a reliable source of information, much of which is not available on the internet. A lot of info on the internet is junk,
The proof will be in your exam results.
jamesthehustler
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it depends on the books
if it something like a book for my business then I'll buy it secondhand or if it a book i can get signed then I'll buy it
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're worried about the price, try charity shops. I used to manage a St Giles Bookshop and found some gems in there.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
I mean there is so much information on the internet and looking at book prices even the used ones seem quite expensive for what they are.Furthermore you keep have to buy more to learn more.
Are you talking about books as teaching material for schools and universities?

In general, books with a telling story - novels - are worth the money, if they are good written. It goes the same for professional ones and magazines. There are informations in those books and magazines which were not published in the internet, so I have to pay them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads