Access to Leeds (A2L) Watch

Danny07
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey all,
May this thread reach you in the best of health. Is anyone here applying for the access to Leeds programme? I was wondering is there a point of me even applying to the programme if I know I am going to smash the entry requirements? I will be applying for the Diagnostic Radiography course. Please let me know if you are applying to the University of Leeds and which course you intend to do.
Lauren-x-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've applied to Leeds for maths, but I don't think I'll be applying for the scheme. I'm still undecided on what's going to be my firm/insurance. If you know you'll get the grades then there isn't much point - but if you know it's going to be your firm choice and you meet the criteria for the scheme, then it's always good to know you have a safety net, I guess
Danny07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lauren-x-)
I've applied to Leeds for maths, but I don't think I'll be applying for the scheme. I'm still undecided on what's going to be my firm/insurance. If you know you'll get the grades then there isn't much point - but if you know it's going to be your firm choice and you meet the criteria for the scheme, then it's always good to know you have a safety net, I guess
I am in the same boat as you to be honest. Still not sure what will be my firm choice. However, I think i will apply for the scheme just for it to support my application further. Do you live close to the university of Leeds or will you have to get accommodation?
Lauren-x-
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Danny07)
I am in the same boat as you to be honest. Still not sure what will be my firm choice. However, I think i will apply for the scheme just for it to support my application further. Do you live close to the university of Leeds or will you have to get accommodation?
I live over 100 miles away from Leeds haha! But it's good to get all of the help you can get, are you planning on getting accommodation?
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you can apply to it you would be silly not to.
Danny07
Rep:
?
I live over 100 miles away from Leeds haha! But it's good to get all of the help you can get, are you planning on getting accommodation?
woah 100 miles, but don't let that impact your choice. moving out for uni could be the best thing to happen haha. I live like 40 miles away from the uni so yh would be looking for accommodation.
Lauren-x-
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TraineeBMS)
If you can apply to it you would be silly not to.
Though if you're not sure whether you'd put it as your firm/insurance, there doesn't seem much point in going to the effort of applying for it, if it's not one of your choices in the end. Are you applying to Leeds?
limadima
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

hey am applying to leeds for maths as well, was just unsure if I would get an offer because I have low gcse grades, does leeds look at gcses?
Lauren-x-
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by limadima)
hey am applying to leeds for maths as well, was just unsure if I would get an offer because I have low gcse grades, does leeds look at gcses?
I can't say for sure, sorry! Though I haven't seen anywhere that they put any focus on them - they're just another part of the wide range of things they consider during the application process, so don't worry too much! Did AS go okay?
amykate06
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've had my offer but I'm sending my access to leeds application on Monday cause I only just found out about it. I'm firming Leeds anyway but do I wait till I get the access to Leeds offer or can i firm it now?
Shisui
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amykate06)
I've had my offer but I'm sending my access to leeds application on Monday cause I only just found out about it. I'm firming Leeds anyway but do I wait till I get the access to Leeds offer or can i firm it now?
I'd recommend waiting. As they'll send you an offer, and then another offer (access to leeds offer) which is 2 grades lower. So its worth waiting... there's no benefits to firming this early anyway.
The Lonely don
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are these online courses we need to do for A2L?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed