Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Currently in Year 12 and strongly considering Southampton as one of my options, how lenient do they tend to be with offers? On their website it says AAA, would AAB be enough to secure a place/offer?
    Thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    I've literally just had an offer about 20 minutes ago for a AAA course with an AAB offer so it's very possible. my advice would be, in order to stand a chance of a reduced offer:

- make sure that any exams you take this year are well executed (depending on if you're sitting any AS exams this year)

- have a strong personal statement that is relevant to the course (I wrote mine about a particular psychology study and then attended the open day only to find that the study was a very big part of their course)

- take all mock exams and tests seriously

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greghayes)
    I've literally just had an offer about 20 minutes ago for a AAA course with an AAB offer so it's very possible. my advice would be, in order to stand a chance of a reduced offer:

- make sure that any exams you take this year are well executed (depending on if you're sitting any AS exams this year)

- have a strong personal statement that is relevant to the course (I wrote mine about a particular psychology study and then attended the open day only to find that the study was a very big part of their course)

- take all mock exams and tests seriously

Best of luck!
    Oh wow, from Southampton? That's brilliant, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 4, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 9 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.