Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im a 19 year old kinda shy girl and a first year at university.
    Basically im feeling a bit out of place because I'm not particularly into clubbing. I just prefer going out with friends eg. movies, restaurants. My best friend at uni keeps telling me to 'live a little' and its getting a little bothersome.
    Like my friend views the club as : fun, dancing, wohoo
    I dont view the club negatively, i mean all it is for me is cramped dancing. its fun but i dont feel the hype.

Am i strange for not liking to go clubbing? Please can you guys give me advice?

ReputationRep:
    Nope ! I'm not either. Not everything Is suited to everyone. Your idea of fun is different to your friends !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xojellyxo)
    Basically im feeling a bit out of place because I'm not particularly into clubbing. I just prefer going out with friends eg. movies, restaurants. My best friend at uni keeps telling me to 'live a little' and its getting a little bothersome.
    I dont view the club negatively, i mean all it is for me is cramped dancing. its fun but i dont feel the hype.

Nope your perfectly normal, I have had the same issue with friends pestering me to go clubbing. From my understanding I believe there's more than the objective appeal for people who enjoy going to clubs, I don't mind going but I wouldn't go out of my way to go. Your friends may also want you to go simply for the sake of you being there (more enjoyable for them), which is a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    19, first year at uni and not into clubbing either, so you're not the only one. Just do what makes you happy. Don't let others push you into doing something you don't want to. It's your life so live it the way you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayytch)
    Nope your perfectly normal, I have had the same issue with friends pestering me to go clubbing. From my understanding I believe there's more than the objective appeal for people who enjoy going to clubs, I don't mind going but I wouldn't go out of my way to go. Your friends may also want you to go simply for the sake of you being there (more enjoyable for them), which is a compliment.
    Thats what makes me feel guilty. I sincerely appreciate my friends insisting that i come along because they enjoy my company. But whilst they're having a great time at the club im always half hearted in the club. like if they invited me anywhere else i wouldn hesistant even for 0.128936 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what makes me feel guilty. I sincerely appreciate my friends insisting that i come along because they enjoy my company. But whilst they're having a great time at the club im always half hearted in the club. like if they invited me anywhere else i wouldn hesistant even for 0.128936 seconds.
    Don't worry about it, you feel guilty because your human. Ultimately, I'm sure they won't hold nothing against you for not going which should put the guilt to rest.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you are asking this, since it's impossible for everybody to like clubbing. But, you should feel really happy that you have friends and that you do go out to the cinema, restaurant and stuff. I don't have any friends, so it is not possible for me. [ •́ ‸ •̀ ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malyjez)
    I don't know why you are asking this, since it's impossible for everybody to like clubbing. But, you should feel really happy that you have friends and that you do go out to the cinema, restaurant and stuff. I don't have any friends, so it is not possible for me. [ •́ ‸ •̀ ]
    Because I feel guilty for letting them down when they want to go clubbing and want my company too. I just feel that its so nice of them to invite me, theyre such nice people but i dont feel comfortable tagging along. Like theyre so nice, but i cant even join them in a club? As for you, have you started uni quite recently? id avise you to just start conversation with people and see how it goes from there. try starting it yourself, if you click with someone, great, if not then move to the next people.

ReputationRep:
    Because I feel guilty for letting them down when they want to go clubbing and want my company too. I just feel that its so nice of them to invite me, theyre such nice people but i dont feel comfortable tagging along. Like theyre so nice, but i cant even join them in a club? As for you, have you started uni quite recently? id avise you to just start conversation with people and see how it goes from there. try starting it yourself, if you click with someone, great, if not then move to the next people.
    you should go, you might enjoy it. i was also a little nervous for my first time!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it at all. I didn't go out clubbing for the first time, and didn't get drunk for the first time, until I was 19. I ended up having a really fun time, and now enjoy going out (though I still don't go out ALL that often, maybe every three to four weeks), but there's certainly nothing wrong with you if you don't feel any great urge to go out.

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself and don't give a damn what others think. You hate clubs? good for you. I myself hate clubbing and tbh, i'm a little suspicious if a girl I like is into clubbing after seeing the stuff many girls do at clubs.

ReputationRep:
    I am you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Hello

Nope, there is nothing wrong or strange about not going clubbing.
    There are a majority of students that don't like going out clubbing or drinking and it's simply because it isn't for them but you meet people who feel the same as you and even if not, you still make friends! No one will judge you on what you enjoy to do.

Just do what makes you comfortable!

Good luck

ReputationRep:

I tried clubbing too its not all that, definitely not my thing

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.