Turn on thread page Beta

I've had a crush on this guy for about two months now, have tried to get over him a couple times because it seemed to be going nowhere but it hasn't worked.

He is in one of my lessons and we talk most days - and occasionally i walk with him after lessons or see him in a club that we do together, but I never spend breaks with him or anything as he's always with the 'lads'. I'd say we are friends as we text each other some days as well but we only really talk about what is going on in lessons.

The problem is that I don't feel 100% comfortable around him and it's hard for anyone to have a long conversation with him (he's too chatty and sometimes won't listen to what you say). I feel like I could be more comfortable around him if we went out and he was in a quieter mood but there's no way of knowing. So I guess I should get over him but I can't seem to, i want to take our relationship to the next level but it's hard to tell if we have already reached the friend zone. I don't know how to flirt (have no experience w/ relationships) so what do i do?

ReputationRep:
    girls can get friendzoned? wow
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    No, you are not friendzoned. No need to play the friendzone card if you haven't even made a proper attempt to get to know him.

Stop texting about lessons then, ask him about his hobbies or interests, or what he gets up to at the weekends, etc. Basically just get to know him more and see what happens from there. No one likes people who bang on about uni/work/exams/coursework all the time. Remember that you don't get along with every person, so if you can't feel that there is a connection there then he's probably not interested.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.