Confused over my 5 choices going to 2! Watch

rndmtngr99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I am predicted BBB (also predicted a A in a finance diploma) and want to go to Loughborough University to study Automotive Materials which is ABB and the only course in the country!!
So for the other 4 choices I am applying for Product Design Engineering at Nottingham and Loughborough again both are ABB also. So that's 3 now plus 2 insurance choices that are about BBB/BBC.
Okay so for example say I put Automotive Materials as my firm (touch wood) and then a BBC course as my insurance and I don't get into my firm does that mean I have to go to my insurance?
What if Loughborough or Nottingham would accept me with BBB but because they weren't firm or insurance I would never know?? Hope this makes sense! I'm the first one in my family to go to uni so this is all new.
Thanks!
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rndmtngr99)
So I am predicted BBB (also predicted a A in a finance diploma) and want to go to Loughborough University to study Automotive Materials which is ABB and the only course in the country!!
So for the other 4 choices I am applying for Product Design Engineering at Nottingham and Loughborough again both are ABB also. So that's 3 now plus 2 insurance choices that are about BBB/BBC.
Okay so for example say I put Automotive Materials as my firm (touch wood) and then a BBC course as my insurance and I don't get into my firm does that mean I have to go to my insurance?
What if Loughborough or Nottingham would accept me with BBB but because they weren't firm or insurance I would never know?? Hope this makes sense! I'm the first one in my family to go to uni so this is all new.
Thanks!
You wait until you've received offers/rejections from all your universities, then you decide. You will definitely know if they've accepted you or not. If you do not meet the grades of your firm, you go to your insurance
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
If you do not meet the grades of your firm, you go to your insurance
Missing your offer doesn't necessarily mean that you won't get accepted.

If your back-up choices typically have places in clearing, you could aim high with your two choices. Good luck.
rndmtngr99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I understand that I have to wait until I get offers but is it worth putting two high choices as firm and insurance? How would I know if they were in clearing last year?
dididid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I understand that I have to wait until I get offers but is it worth putting two high choices as firm and insurance? How would I know if they were in clearing last year?
email the universities asking if they were in clearing , and for firm and insurance i think its better to have a safe option as insurance with lower entry requirements.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks!
You wouldn't have to go to your insurance, you could always ask them to release you and go through clearing, however its unwise to put an insurance choice you don't actually want as your insurance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads