Turn on thread page Beta

A store manager made racial comment under his breath. Is this ok? watch

cant stop thinking about it..it's been a few weeks now. I was in a store and he was getting annoyed with a couple of coloured guys. Heard him say something rude under his breath - should I report him? I don't want to get in trouble or have any proof. don't even know his name but remember what he looked like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    cant stop thinking about it..it's been a few weeks now. I was in a store and he was getting annoyed with a couple of coloured guys. Heard him say something rude under his breath - should I report him? I don't want to get in trouble or have any proof. don't even know his name but remember what he looked like.
    No proof, few weeks ago and not directed towards you? Ignore and move on.

(Original post by Reue)
    No proof, few weeks ago and not directed towards you? Ignore and move on.
    I walked past the store today which reminded me of it. Just found it really rude. Suppose not much i can do

ReputationRep:
    What did he even say?

ReputationRep:
    its okay to make racial comments, anon

(Original post by CraigBackner)
    (Original post by Mekkiii)
    What did he even say?
    "f%%%ing n!&&@$ make me sick"

(Original post by CraigBackner)
    are u for real?

ReputationRep:
    This is not okay.

Report it for sure if this isnt a troll thread.

If you have his appearance that will do. Email the company

Report it for sure if this isnt a troll thread.

If you have his appearance that will do. Email the company
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    This is not okay.
    thats what i thought. It's plain wrong. Dont want him getting fired but it can't be used in public places like that

ReputationRep:
    Well you should be aware of how your company handles these sorts of things... in some places making a complaint like this will end in you being fired so prepare for that possibility if you want to pursue it.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not ok to talk like that, but it's not really your business to go trouble-making for no reason other than some moral indignation. Particularly when you have no proof, don't really even know the identify of the alleged perpetrator, and the insult wasn't even aimed at you.

I'd say, quite politely, 'mind your own business'.

thats what i thought. It's plain wrong. Dont want him getting fired but it can't be used in public places like that
    Exactly. Do it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    No, it's not ok to talk like that, but it's not really your business to go trouble-making for no reason other than some moral indignation. Particularly when you have no proof, don't really even know the identify of the alleged perpetrator, and the insult wasn't even aimed at you.

I'd say, quite politely, 'mind your own business'.
    I agree.
    You could email head office or something if you really want to, but seeing as it was a while back that it happened, i doubt theres much they can do.

ReputationRep:
    He should get fired for racism, racism is against the law.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest reporting it via email if its really bothering your conscience so much. Perhaps youll make them have some sort of diversity or tolerance fair. Dont make a direct accusation if you have no evidence.

Also theres worse things happening about than a simple store manager saying something he intended no one to hear anyway, so dont let it keep you up at night.

(Original post by General-Disarray)
    Also theres worse things happening about than a simple store manager saying something he intended no one to hear anyway, so dont let it keep you up at night.
    Exactly:

http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profi...-jong-un-1.jpg
    http://www.aim.org/wp-content/upload...e-magazine.jpg
    http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...nald-trump.jpg

All these have access to nukes n schitt. If you're gonna worry about things, might as well be this lot.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want him to get sacked.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.